Third party insurance

chewy

Just phoned Carol nash to get quote for Beta Evo and they declined saying insurers dont like field/monkey bikes because they get stolen a lot. I thought thats why we insured them!; however has any body got best deal recently on TpF&theft insurance for EVo?

Just phoned Carol nash to get quote for Beta Evo and they declined saying insurers dont like field/monkey bikes because they get stolen a lot. I thought thats why we insured them!; however has any body got best deal recently on TpF&theft insurance for EVo?

Had exactly the same hassle myself.......was then put onto MSM insurance who do a fantastic trials bike policy - Look no further and buy from them, excellent friendly service tailored to 'our trialsing needs' ie cover you for theft and when you are riding at an event or just bobbing down the road to practice or fuel up ! Brilliant!

Only requirement is that the bike is Road regd.

Nice people too - who even phoned / emailled me at around 6.30 pm on Christmas eve to answer my enquiry - now that's service ! :thumbup:

Contact them on 01279 870535 ( and no I am not on commission I'm just a very satisfied customer)

Edited by Scoobydo

Thanks guys its all a bit confusing Janet was/is with MCE with her 200 beta she's over 50 no claims ever secureest bike store possible etc etc. They have practically doubled the premium for the renewal. Bennets and comparison people may be worth another try but it seems ther is no ABI code for EVO's thus making it more difficult to get quotes. Just keep on plugging away for time being. cheers

Chewy, should get Bennets third party fire and theft for under a tonne mate. If the companies are struggling to find you bike as they do with just about all trials bike say its a rev3 and give the year, bet their system code will be Beta rev3 evo or something. Remember having an interesting chat with a company who told me there is no such bike as a Montesa 4rt :wall:

Edited by The Addict

Guys

I have to tell you that while you can shop around a fair but for Insurance, many of the companies have no idea what a trials bike is, and neither do they care.

More importantly, if you read the small print, you will very often find that when participating in a Trial your RTA insurance cover is void

So, if you do participate in events that have road work in them, it does aseem a little daft to pay your hard earned to companies that do not really want to know you.

It took about 5 years of approaching many of them to try to get them to accept that cover would still be valid when travelling on the road - say between sections or stages - and obviously therefore subject to all the normal RTA laws etc. Frankly they did not want to know.

Eventually, again after a lot of work and discussion MSM , obtained good cover from a reputable Insurere company , who fully accept exactly what we are about, allows you to tax the bike and so on and so forth, and importantly to me, not try to treat us like a bunch of morons, and just advertise and take our money and then insert a get out cluase if we are in a Trial

I have no commercial interests in MSM , The Acu do not get a kick back or commission , but I do feel that they at least provided trials riders with what they need, so - their advert is in ACU Handbook, I would at least suggest you give them a bell and see if they can help - and at least you will get what you pay for.

having bought a new EVO a few months ago i was shocked to find the the ABI (Association of British insures)dont recognise the EVO 250/290 two strokes. i eventually got theft only cover for £99, not what i really wanted as i do use on the road when practicing.

things may change and i will look into the MSM policy that John has mentioned. I think maybe the importers of trials bikes need to put pressure on the ABI to get the bikes recognised.

Paul

Edit: ABI now emailed asking for answer

Edited by paul w

Carol Nash are happy to insure my Scorpa and they even removed the exclusion for use in trials when riding on the road wen I questioned them about it.

I've now been with them for three years.

MCE were slightly cheaper but would not remove the trials exclusion and did not put my bikes onthe insurance data base meaning that I could not insure them online. They also set off the Police onboard computer warning meaning that I had a pull for not being insured, fortunatley I was near home and they accepted the covernote....... not once, but TWICE!

MCE never did update the insurance data base, despite being requested to do so on three occasions. So I moved to Carol Nash.

Only speaking as I find!

Pete

Chewy, should get Bennets third party fire and theft for under a tonne mate. If the companies are struggling to find you bike as they do with just about all trials bike say its a rev3 and give the year, bet their system code will be Beta rev3 evo or something. Remember having an interesting chat with a company who told me there is no such bike as a Montesa 4rt :wall:

Cant believe you have suggested that !

Ok if you just want a bit of paper to say you are insured.

What the hell do you do if you have an accident or you get a pull by the Fuzz ?

I can tell you - you are in the deep stuff mate !

Lets say you were the cause of the accident and there was an injury to a third party, you would be facing no valid insurance and all that brings. Insurance companies will do whatever they can do to avoid paying out these days.

An evo is an evo a rev is a rev.

Under a tonne insurance sounds tempting but in fact you have paid for the wrong 'tool'

Just to add further, the main stream Insurers - Bennets/ Nash etc companies do not deserve or really want our business - they do not insure for our needs so dont give them your cash for somthing thats not right for us and our bikes / sport.

Support the business that supports us ! :thumbup:

Cheers

Edited by Scoobydo

msm is the way forward , its an insurance geared up for trials/enduro . they won,t insure supermoto or unregistered bikes (for more than 14 days ) & you can use your bike for everthing excluding business & to and from work but i dont suppose many people would like to use a trially bike for comuting , the quote for my montesa is

Had exactly the same hassle myself.......was then put onto MSM insurance who do a fantastic trials bike policy - Look no further and buy from them, excellent friendly service tailored to 'our trialsing needs' ie cover you for theft and when you are riding at an event or just bobbing down the road to practice or fuel up ! Brilliant!

Only requirement is that the bike is Road regd.

Nice people too - who even phoned / emailled me at around 6.30 pm on Christmas eve to answer my enquiry - now that's service ! :thumbup:

Contact them on 01279 870535 ( and no I am not on commission I'm just a very satisfied customer)

i will second that did me a good deal on my rev 3 and very nice poeple

Adam

• 3 weeks later...