No Fajardo At Sheffield

Andy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is the bike thats not ready for top level... and so what if it isn't? It might be a fantastic bike for the 99.99% of other riders (the ones who pay for it).

Remember the Monoshock Yam? After we all said it was not upto the job (and after a few strengthening mods!!) they spread like a virus by normal people riding their mates and finding they were superb. They only ever won one round of the World Champs (France with Girard riding)and yet they were a huge success!

I hope people ride them. If they are good I hope they buy them, regardless of the bikes success in WTC stuff.

As for riding gear stopping them turning out... :barf:

Maybe it is the bike thats not ready for top level... and so what if it isn't? It might be a fantastic bike for the 99.99% of other riders (the ones who pay for it).

Remember the Monoshock Yam? After we all said it was not upto the job (and after a few strengthening mods!!) they spread like a virus by normal people riding their mates and finding they were superb. They only ever won one round of the World Champs (France with Girard riding)and yet they were a huge success!

I hope people ride them. If they are good I hope they buy them, regardless of the bikes success in WTC stuff.

As for riding gear stopping them turning out... :barf:

Well said, to often things get slated online. Rode one on Sunday and was very impressed with it!

Also had a go on a mates new Ossa on sunday, The bottom end power felt quite soft compared to my evo, But I didn't know what mapping setting it was on, But found once you give it a bit more throttle it pulled very well up hills, It also felt very smooth as well. Have to say though it was very light, Especially on the front end!

Edited by BenBeta23

You guys have to realize it's not as simple as throwing your bike in a transit and showing up at the event. There's much more involved and it takes money. Money that wasn't there from the sponsor and money that Ossa can't afford to spend just yet. A factory has to answer to the sponsors or there is no team. Riding Sheffield without the sponsor could have blown a deal that I would guess took months to negotiate. I'm sure they were more frustrated then any spectator or organizer could be but it's a business first and a sport second or they won't be a business very long.