Right hand brake lever

suzukitc120

Hello, Would someone please tell me the diameter and length of the post that the rear brake lever mounts to when it is situated on the right hand side of the bike, It has been cut off my recently purchased sherpa and id like to convert it And is the lever held on with a circlip or bolt Many thanks John.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any photos of this mod' anywhere? I've got the cables etc from BultacoUK, but I can't find any good images of the mod's required on the L/H frame to take the new cable to the original hub. Also, the R/H peg hanger has what appears to be a locating hole, but the new pedle has too great a diameter to locate through it, even if I had a post of the correct size.

I saw a bike at the show with this mod', but couldn't relocate it for a photograph at the end of the day. Are there photos on this site or another site with up close detail?

Thanks

Mick

Are there any photos of this mod' anywhere? I've got the cables etc from BultacoUK, but I can't find any good images of the mod's required on the L/H frame to take the new cable to the original hub. Also, the R/H peg hanger has what appears to be a locating hole, but the new pedle has too great a diameter to locate through it, even if I had a post of the correct size.

I saw a bike at the show with this mod', but couldn't relocate it for a photograph at the end of the day. Are there photos on this site or another site with up close detail?

Thanks

Mick

Pictures below from the later bike showing the cable run and mounting points. The brake pedal is one I made to try out to work with lowered footrests. I don't like the original anyway as the pull seems to lack feel and it is the wrong shape for the lowered footrests. I've ridden with this pedal a few times now and it works fine so I'll tidy it up.

You could make a pedal mount easy enough if you have a lathe, or someone to do it for you. Turn a piece of solid bar to the required diameter, drill and thread it at one end, drill a hole in ths swingarm plate in the required position and bolt it to the frame - bolt going in from behind the frame. I don't know what hole is already drilled by your footrest hanger but the 159 doesn't normally have one I don't think. If it is that close to the footrest it may not give the required leverage for effective brake operation

post-71-0-50218600-1299179660.jpg

post-71-0-15867400-1299179665.jpg

post-71-0-20355400-1299179670.jpg

Edited by Woody
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures below from the later bike showing the cable run and mounting points. The brake pedal is one I made to try out to work with lowered footrests. I don't like the original anyway as the pull seems to lack feel and it is the wrong shape for the lowered footrests. I've ridden with this pedal a few times now and it works fine so I'll tidy it up.

You could make a pedal mount easy enough if you have a lathe, or someone to do it for you. Turn a piece of solid bar to the required diameter, drill and thread it at one end, drill a hole in ths swingarm plate in the required position and bolt it to the frame - bolt going in from behind the frame. I don't know what hole is already drilled by your footrest hanger but the 159 doesn't normally have one I don't think. If it is that close to the footrest it may not give the required leverage for effective brake operation

Hi Woody,

lowering the foot rests, is this a worth while mod, i must admit i struggle to ride the bully now i have got used to the beta.

cheers,

tom,

i must admit i struggle to ride the bully now i have got used to the beta.

cheers,

tom,

Someone once asked me if I'd ever ridden a new trials bike. I said no, and I never wanted to. It would be like sleeping with a younger woman and then going back to the wife. Just safer to keep riding the old girl. :stoned:

Hi Woody,

lowering the foot rests, is this a worth while mod, i must admit i struggle to ride the bully now i have got used to the beta.

cheers,

tom,

It's personal opinion so there is no definitive answer. In my opinion, the riding position can be improved by lowering the rests and using 6" bars (depending on the height of the rider - the taller you are, the more the benefit)

You'll never get a riding position on the Bulto to be like the Beta as the footrests will only go a bit lower than standard (due to the massive ground clearance of the later bikes) and the fact that the headstock isn't very high. The Beta has less ground clearance so the footrests are lower and a higher headstock, so the bars are higher.

Someone once asked me if I'd ever ridden a new trials bike. I said no, and I never wanted to. It would be like sleeping with a younger woman and then going back to the wife. Just safer to keep riding the old girl. :stoned:

Tried that, oh its sooooooo hard to go back ;)

• 5 months later...

modern bikes are not as bad as you think Dave, getting a modern bike set up to suite my riding style is a bit of a chore though, I have gone Vintage full time now, really am enjoying riding the easier morning sections, the intensity level is not there like riding modern expert, put some fun back into trials for me. I probably will stay Vintage now that I am an old man.