Here we go again - Majesty

johnnyboxer

Fantics have been like buses this weekend, you don't see any for sale then there are 3 on the for sale board on here at once. There are a lot of Hondas and Majestys out there built well, best of everything lots of bling and never used, pointless really.

• Like 1

Looks like a kids bike... is it a mini Maj? .. well maybe not.. At least it's not skip worthy.

Fantic 200's are a STACK better to ride. and I mean the 'real 200' (Minarelli engined one).... oh apart from the brakes.... :shutup:

Strangely the last few Fantics advertised seem to be in originalish colours which is nice to see!

Edited by Rosey
  • Like 1

Did you sell your Majestys Johnny?

I did, now riding a Fantic 200 for Twinshock stuff :thumbup:

When I bought my Majesty in 2001, nobody wanted them and I thought I could sell it in 2009 for good money and one day buy a Fantic and put some of it towards the 4RT, in the meantime

Edited by Johnnyboxer

I did, now riding a Fantic 200 for Twinshock stuff :thumbup:

I picked up a Majesty last year, sold it pretty soon after as it just felt numb, I'm on sorting a 240 out so i will probably see you around.

Are there many / any twin shock specific trials round our way?

I picked up a Majesty last year, sold it pretty soon after as it just felt numb, I'm on sorting a 240 out so i will probably see you around.

Are there many / any twin shock specific trials round our way?

I think Northallerton does a 3 day and Guisborough/Bill Pye does a 2 day event

Eboracum does a 2 day too

Looks like a kids bike... is it a mini Maj? .. well maybe not.. At least it's not skip worthy.

Fantic 200's are a STACK better to ride. and I mean the 'real 200' (Minarelli engined one).... oh apart from the brakes.... :shutup:

Strangely the last few Fantics advertised seem to be in originalish colours which is nice to see!

Also strange ...nobody pays top dollars for a minarelli fantic. They cost the same to rebuild as a 240 or 340 (dont I know it) and then people want to pay 700 quid for one. My minarelli 200 ate 500 quid for the engine rebuild, has the all expensive 300 front brake so it stops, even has a GRP Tank and seat, and nobody wants it. I will get rid of my last standard 240 and ride the 200 because lets face it, they wiped out thze ossa 7yam/montesa/swm/ and bultaco brigade in 1980 and are just as good today.

I think these days the twin shocks trials seem easier than they did in 1980. cerntainly the damage I did to my 240 then is never likely to happen in todays stuff. Thats why people can ride yams and swms and win today. And at the end of the day, modern bikes depreciate to worthlessness very soon when you have to throw then a 1m high rocks. The twinshock stuff doesnt demand that, so it seems worthwhile restoringb them. The same is also true of aircooled monos if they survived this far.

The DT engine in that majesty will be fun but the bike could very well be ridden on the girls route at exmoor. Sometimes I think the sections could be ridden on a FSIE!

Also strange ...nobody pays top dollars for a minarelli fantic. They cost the same to rebuild as a 240 or 340 (dont I know it) and then people want to pay 700 quid for one. My minarelli 200 ate 500 quid for the engine rebuild, has the all expensive 300 front brake so it stops, even has a GRP Tank and seat, and nobody wants it. I will get rid of my last standard 240 and ride the 200 because lets face it, they wiped out thze ossa 7yam/montesa/swm/ and bultaco brigade in 1980 and are just as good today.

I think these days the twin shocks trials seem easier than they did in 1980. cerntainly the damage I did to my 240 then is never likely to happen in todays stuff. Thats why people can ride yams and swms and win today. And at the end of the day, modern bikes depreciate to worthlessness very soon when you have to throw then a 1m high rocks. The twinshock stuff doesnt demand that, so it seems worthwhile restoringb them. The same is also true of aircooled monos if they survived this far.

The DT engine in that majesty will be fun but the bike could very well be ridden on the girls route at exmoor. Sometimes I think the sections could be ridden on a FSIE!

Lee,

if you want i can borrough you my 50cc Hercules and you can have a go there. :rotfl:

Chrs:Mike

I'm sure I've got photos of Subira on a 200 with the 'new 240' motor in it from SSDT (1980 or '81??) somewhere!

Interesting about the 300 brake plate it has a floating pivot so it aligns better.. Others used a similar design without the 'torque arm extension' on the brake casting (Beta and perhap Armstrong)

More interesting is the factory 300 bikes also used the lighter normal brake plates too!

Hang on this is not about Fantics is it... Ah well sorry back to Majesty talk then..

Erm.... might as well just have a normal TY as they are as good... etc. :thumbup:

Edited by Rosey

I've just bought a Fizzy DX for my sixteener bike licence, it's a great little bike too!! I ride a TY very poorly in my local club on the easy route and I have to say I struggle with some of the sections but most of the top riders in the club are Yamaha mounted