Backpack weight

mexmex

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont use these super thick enduro tubes as they dont work at low pressure.a mich h/d is the one to use.if you ride 6 psi and 4 psi rear put them upto 7 and 5 and you wont have any trouble.the tube you take out the front put it in your back pack and its lighter.dont put tools on your bike.you could end up loosing them.almost nobody puts stuff one the bike.always carry a spare chain tensioner pad.try and work out the minimum of tools to carry . carry spare split link and also a spare plug.

Consider.....

Water pump pliers instead of big spanner - multi use.

Carry - cable ties, throttle top/wheel, ajp plunger/pin, throttle cable.

Gear lever if GG Pro.

Camelback Mule is good - straps to the body well, you almost don't notice it, and it's a good size.

Consider.....

Water pump pliers instead of big spanner - multi use.

Carry - cable ties, throttle top/wheel, ajp plunger/pin, throttle cable.

Gear lever if GG Pro.

Camelback Mule is good - straps to the body well, you almost don't notice it, and it's a good size.

What are water pump pliers?

Mex Mex -

Google this or similar REP SPANNER 24mm + Tyre lever. Carry only one and use a spanner as back up lever.

I always carried a throttle cable.

Domino parts.

1/2 link and two splits - easy to repair chain.

A white piece of rag to put parts on if you have to dismantle, eg easy to lose float bowl nut in the heather.

Look for odd combo spanners from machine tool kits eg 10mm 13mm combo

Fuel?????????

Don't carry water unless you really need to, super warm week? - frequent fuel stops.

Some one said rubber band tool into groups - works well.

Remember, good bike prep is essential, thread lock the bolts you would not consider undoing in the field, if your lucky you wont touch any of the above all week.

Fred.(oops, Jacks account).

Mex Mex -

Google this or similar REP SPANNER 24mm + Tyre lever. Carry only one and use a spanner as back up lever.

I always carried a throttle cable.

Domino parts.

1/2 link and two splits - easy to repair chain.

A white piece of rag to put parts on if you have to dismantle, eg easy to lose float bowl nut in the heather.

Look for odd combo spanners from machine tool kits eg 10mm 13mm combo

Fuel?????????

Don't carry water unless you really need to, super warm week? - frequent fuel stops.

Some one said rubber band tool into groups - works well.

Remember, good bike prep is essential, thread lock the bolts you would not consider undoing in the field, if your lucky you wont touch any of the above all week.

Nice tool the combo! Problem is that I cannot get it here, and buying in USA will be too late right now. Any chance I will be able to buy it there?

I saw here the same idea but from Aluminum made buy motion pro. I would buy it but they didnt have 24mm one...

Mex Mex -

When two of you are stood on a back wheel attempting to use 2 of these spanners to straighten a sprocket I can confirm that they bend quite easily. When used as a tyre lever they work fine.

When two of you are stood on a back wheel attempting to use 2 of these spanners to straighten a sprocket I can confirm that they bend quite easily. When used as a tyre lever they work fine.

I was thinking that myself afterwards, 'cos I got some similar tools few years back with my KTM (now days they do them better).

So I just used some drilling, sawing and welding, joining together 24mm spanner and motion pro tire iron. The result is very strong and not too heavy. Together with a cut down 10mm Allen, it can handle the front axle easy.

OtHiRa.jpg

If it's of any interest I came to the conclusion that a lightweight universal spanner might be a good thing generally for trials riders but particularly for the SSDT I profiled a first off this morning from 3mm ally ..(laser cut titanium would be better if there was demand) anyway this one weighs 24 grammes.. fits 24 mm rear wheel, spark plug, 13 AF, 10mm hex for bit of 10mm hex..front wheel spindle, 14 AF... Dellorto float drain, 17 AF...Mikuni float drain, It fits in your pocket... for some rough pics go to https://picasaweb.google.com/102454155493315266755/RemovableStorage02?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKD89yBhcnR5AE#

I have tried it on Beta and Sherco and it works for all the above but need to know if it would work on flat slide cards if they have a float bowl drain!? Time is tight to get finished saleable item for this year but any constructive thoughts /ideas to incorporate ( not beer bottle openers or nail clippers) would be usefull

If it's of any interest I came to the conclusion that a lightweight universal spanner might be a good thing generally for trials riders but particularly for the SSDT I profiled a first off this morning from 3mm ally ..(laser cut titanium would be better if there was demand) anyway this one weighs 24 grammes.. fits 24 mm rear wheel, spark plug, 13 AF, 10mm hex for bit of 10mm hex..front wheel spindle, 14 AF... Dellorto float drain, 17 AF...Mikuni float drain, It fits in your pocket... for some rough pics go to https://picasaweb.google.com/102454155493315266755/RemovableStorage02?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKD89yBhcnR5AE#

I have tried it on Beta and Sherco and it works for all the above but need to know if it would work on flat slide cards if they have a float bowl drain!? Time is tight to get finished saleable item for this year but any constructive thoughts /ideas to incorporate ( not beer bottle openers or nail clippers) would be usefull

Looks a good idea but beware of the bulkiness for fitting the smaller sizes on to the bolts on the bike.