1990 247 conversion....

gumby26

Well,...it's finally finished ! It runs and handles awesome, will give it a good work out tomorrow and post ! Enjoy !

Gary

P.S. hope these pics come through !!!

Copy2ofSTA70768.jpghttp://Copy2ofSTA70768.jpg[/img]Copy2ofSTA70770.jpg

Edited by Gumby26
  • Like 1

]Well,...it's finally finished ! It runs and handles awesome, will give it a good work out tomorrow and post ! Enjoy !

Gary

P.S. hope these pics come through !!!

Can not get pics to load...help ?

Looks gorgeous,just like all your bikes!

Upped the pics you sent me to my photobucket

STA70779.jpg

STA70764.jpg

STA70778.jpg

STA70774.jpg

STA70769.jpg

Now out to the garage to make some progress on my 309!(but gotta put fork seals and rejet the SuperSherpa first before getting back to the 309 :rolleyes: )

Edited by htrdoug
  • Like 1

Well,.. when I bought the bike the rear linkage and shock were wasted, so this was a great donor, I was going to do a TY350 but I'm a Fantic guy :) I removed the upside down forks and replaced everything else with Fantic 300 parts and lenghtened the swingarm 50mm. We have events up here in NY that have a " modified " vintage class, as well as all the other classes too. Twin shocks, drum brakes, and an air cooled motor, after that anything goes.It's fun to see what people come up with. I know there will be some slack here, but this bike was NOT built to compete against "regular" twin shock bikes. It WAS built to compete against bikes in this class only. I do compete in "regular" (normal):)twin shock trials on a 240 and in modern too.

Rode the bike today and it is unbeleivable. Had a blast on it and I'm glad it's done. 200 Fantic is next.

:thumbup::iamwithstupid: Twinshock 250... "cause he could " !!!! Gary ; work of art ! I was just out in the shop playing with the clutch and changing the oil on my 240 and after a quick test ride decided if I want to go ride the event in Bunn NC. tomorrow I'd have to ride my 11 yr. old son's mucho modified ty80 in the vintage class... But common sense prevails as I have to tune our fresh 'spec miata ' monday for a national @ VIR next weekend ... And I really should break down and split the cases on my 240 and give her the 28 yrs. of use serious overhaul !!! Everything else is state of the art , so the heart should be too !!!

I may make it up to your neck of the woods soon on some family business , I'll try to plan it around a event up there ... :banana2::banana2::banana2:

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Hey Glenn, thanks much,I figured you'd like it....It's always a pleasure chatting with you and would be a blast to ride with you too !!! You can come up to NY anytime and stay here, tons of places to ride and an event pretty much every weekend. Get your 240 dialed in and c'mon up !!! Rode mine today, (still smiling) and can't wait for the 200 to get done (2 more weeks). Will try and post some pics of the 240 and 300.............

I am with Twinshock 250, why would you want convert a very nice looking well capable bike into a twinshock..

The bike does look amazing and is a credit to you however... where will you ride.. are you looking to scalp the aircooled monos or take advantage of original twinshocks. I dont wish to sound argumentative.. and each to their own.. however nice it is where does it fit in...

Hi Metisse, if you read my post #5, you'll see why this bike was built. I did not convert a "very nice looking" bike,...It was cosmetically a wreck when I got it. I neither wish to "scalp the aircooled monos or take advantage of original twinshocks". I would not try to compete on this bike in a standard TS event. That was never my intent, only to test my fabrication, and compete against bikes of it's own kind. I have twin shock bikes that I compete on ( in the proper class )and in my opinion, one can only ride "any" bike to his ability. :)

Opps,..I forgot one small detail. The bike is actually a 1990 247. I could not find any "247" decals for the tank but found a complete "305" kit. Yes Lee, the swing arm is off a 300 but had to be lenghtened 50mm at the rear so it was the same length as the stocker and move the shock mounts back too. If you look close you can see it. Good eye too on the subframe, as I was lucky to find a steel one from a coach. Rode the bike again yesterday and it is a joy to ride.