What happened here?

jordi

I presume you mean this

There are two options:

1) Dougie saw Steve Colley's show on Saturday and reckon he could make some brass out of the old one-wheeled riding.

2) It was a wheel Mart had been working on the spindle of some time ago and it gave out.

(for the avoidance of doubt, option two is the correct answer) ;)

Doug had other bad luck as well as this - Marts bike broke down and as a result was unable to do his stuff for Doug on the upper sections on lap one. :mellow:

Doug's still a class act and despite his problems he doesnt ever give up.

The top/highest most section (no 11 ??) way up in the mist, Doug fived the very last monster step at the ends (having come up all those steep energy sapping stream sections), not to be beaten by the section he re-lined the bike up and levelled it - only a hand full of people there to witness it, proves to me he still has the hunger and determination.

Great event big thanks to L&M,and everyone else concerned. Steve Colley's still a class act (but now with a better looking side kick than him :blush: ) - still up here on Holiday now and watching the video clips we took !

Cheers,

GAW

Edited by Scoobydo

yeah, i feekl sorry for dougie hes a top bloke but he had a few problems. i missed the spindkle falling off but was talking to a bloke who said dogue apparently said the spindles broke and his dad said keep going and it just fell off, watching the clip it doesnt look that way at all. ive heard two storys that 1, its full of lead and 2, its meant to move backwards and forwards to be ajustable or something?

Just an observation, but he fived the section several times before he even left the ground...reversing is a FIVE no matter who you are and on the last section (the jump) Dougie and Browny tackled the big step (after they failed the jump) by going in the reverse direction of the section...

Just an observation, but he fived the section several times before he even left the ground...reversing is a FIVE no matter who you are

I observed this section and fortunately I showed some form of commensence as it was basically impossible for all riders to get up that vertical face without allowing them to back up, without this it would have been fives for all the hard course riders.

Its bad enough having to 5 a rider when the just touch a marker

and yes Martin did tell Doug to have a go anyway, even though he new the front wheel spindle was snapped, just goes to show Doug still has the urge to win

Alot got pushed under the carpet in terms of rules. Min weight was meant to be 68 but ossa weighed 66? Also bou always tries to jump back and have another go so the reversing rule gets overlooked alot and the slipperyness of the rocks on ladt section made it very dangerous to even attemp doing it all in one but i noticed that too as on first lap someone fived for doing the same thing

big thing for me is consistency with all the riders. "No Favorites"

youve hit the nail on the head, as long as you mark all the riders the same ,does it really matter how you interpret the rules