Post A Pic Of Your Bike

colly

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some friends of mine have tried to plug two wires which come out of the CDI (one orange and one black). They say it's more powerful. Doi you knowanything about this trick ???

Celine, I am told on the 2005 models that the CDI actually has 2 ignition curves onboard. By changing the configuration of this wire your speaking of, you get the more aggressive curve, or the milder one. Some have actually wired these to a switch so they can easy change back and forth depending on conditions.

POSER!!!...and yep, I'm only jealous :D  :lol: ...you're bike(s) always look in better nik than mine <_<

Your bike would look great too Stu, if you changed all the plastic every week like r2 ;)

Some friends of mine have tried to plug two wires which come out of the CDI (one orange and one black). They say it's more powerful. Doi you knowanything about this trick ???

Celine, I am told on the 2005 models that the CDI actually has 2 ignition curves onboard. By changing the configuration of this wire your speaking of, you get the more aggressive curve, or the milder one. Some have actually wired these to a switch so they can easy change back and forth depending on conditions.

thanks for your explanation. I've just plugged it and it's even better and more powerful when needed. Great bike in deed !

The rockers get finned aluminum covers.

The weird thing is, if you notice, you can only see one valve per cylinder.

The exhaust valve in the cylinder is next to the bore, so it's half a flathead, or IOE, meaning intake over exhaust.

The lower end has all babbitt bearings. Molten bearing material is poured into shells and machined to size.

I'll post some pictures as it progresses, if anybody's interested.

Smaller pictures, that is. <_<