new scorpa ( e- bike )

gwhy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks great and its got to be the way forward for motorcycle sport around the world,it keeps the Greens happy, or it should and with no noise or pollution its job done!!! but it will all depend on the battery life?and cost, i cant see it lasting a full day at the scottish or scott but i could be wrong(i normally am)

also didn't think water and electric mix very well,so no mega deep river sections :thumbup:

it looks great and its got to be the way forward for motorcycle sport around the world,it keeps the Greens happy, or it should and with no noise or pollution its job done!!! but it will all depend on the battery life?and cost, i cant see it lasting a full day at the scottish or scott but i could be wrong(i normally am)

also didn't think water and electric mix very well,so no mega deep river sections :thumbup:

No pollution? Where does the electricity for charging it come from?

No pollution? Where does the electricity for charging it come from?

In our neck of the woods, all electricity is from hydro, as in harnessing the energy from water flowing downhill. hence no pollution. Admittedly this is not the case everywhere in the world.

It has a 25Ah battery so a rough guestimate on range would be riding road might be around 25-30miles , light trails (off road )around 15-20miles more demanding off road trails 10-15miles and one section straight into another maybe around 5 miles (and this can only get better as battery tec advances), I don't think the range limit will be to bad, I dont know how this would stack up in the Scottish tho. Water should not be any problem for it, as its low voltage.

Unfortunately I am fearful the only thing that will keep the "Greens" happy on this side of the pond is complete extinction of wheeled vehicles in "their" forest. Including motorcycles, mountain bikes, or even wheel chairs. Any mechanized travel what so ever.

They will just be more upset they can't hear you coming down the trail and blame you for sneaking up on them as they hike on the trail.

Edited by sideup

Unfortunately I am fearful the only thing that will keep the "Greens" happy on this side of the pond is complete extinction of wheeled vehicles in "their" forest. Including motorcycles, mountain bikes, or even wheel chairs. Any mechanized travel what so ever.

They will just be more upset they can't hear you coming down the trail and blame you for sneaking up on them as they hike on the trail.

That could be a good thing, if your going full watt down a trail and run a greenie over they won't know what hit em.

,it keeps the Greens happy

Happy? Hell, you have to fight them every step of the way, not try and make them happy!

I don't know why everybody is so exited about these things. I've ridden electric bikes from Zero etc. and in a word they suck! Other than noise they have no advantage over a gas powered bike and our trials bikes don't make much noise anyways! Electric bikes are expensive, extra batteries are expensive, when they give a run time that's a best case scenario, when we actually ran them hard they ran down in less than 10 min.! Power was less than an 85cc.

I'm disappointed to see manufacturers messing with these. It just makes it closer to a day when we may be forced to ride them. Hopefully they'll last even less time than 4t trials bikes, which I actually like by the way.

While Electric bikes may have a future - I think most people have failed to mention the BIG problem with riding in the woods - it's NOT the Trials bikes - it's the noisy Cross Country machines, and in particular the so called eco friendly 4 strokes.

Catering to the wishes of "Do-Gooders" and bureaucrats, will only lead to a total ban on riding dirt bikes anywhere.

Trials riders are by and large a hard working bunch of people who don't annoy anybody. - There will always be Anti - bikes - Anti everything types, who rely on lots of BS and large numbers to sway Politicians. - Don't be fooled by this latest invention, as it will not solve any problems. - We certainly aren't gonna be planting any "Current Trees" in our neck of the woods to charge up anybody.

Its a shame that some people cant see the bigger picture and the big advantages that electric versions of trials bikes will offer. The new 2012 zero's are a far cry from any other version (older) of there bikes. Range will/can only get better, battery prices can only come down as better/new chemistry's come along, and bike weight's will get much lighter. The stumpy clutch lever ( from what I have read ) is a electronic version of a clutch .