What Has Happened To The Forum?

firedfromthecircus

Unless I am mistaken (which is often the case) the new version can be customised to show specific 'new posts' where the old version just showed my content. Plus I feel that it can be accessed easier too.

My eyes are old, and it certainly feels like an improvement to me. :)

Spot on Pete, this is the best it's been

• Like 1

How are the greys now? Should be darker, but problem is there are so many different places, what I've changed might not be what you're meaning. Style sheet for these damned forums is 4250 lines long :(

Edit: I see I've also managed to change the username in the red bar above each post to dark grey. Bollox. :(

Edit 2: Fixed that :)

At the moment, I find the mid grey letters on the light grey background a little hard to see.

That's what I thought I'd sorted out. What page(s) and where are you noticing this?

Such as? They may still exist, just not been re-enabled, but I can't check that unless I know what you touches you're referring to.

Two things I have noticed that are not as good as the old version.

When you click on the thread title it now takes you to the first post regardless of whether you have visited that topic before. The old version used to 'bookmark' the last post you had read in that thread and take you straight there, even if it was page 3, 10 or wherever. Very handy for some of the threads on here.

The new posts button seems to bring up a lot of threads that have not been updated since last visit. This is not that big an issue, but the first thing was a great help. would be great to have it back. :)

Edited by firedfromthecircus

Oh, another wee issue just remembered. When you view a thread from the new post button when you go back to the new posts list it sticks you back up at the top of the page. The old version used to take you back to the point on the page you had last navigated from.

Maybe sounds like I am being real picky, but I just thought the old version was super user friendly. Be nice if the new one could be better.;)

• Like 1

When you click on the thread title it now takes you to the first post regardless of whether you have visited that topic before. The old version used to 'bookmark' the last post you had read in that thread and take you straight there, even if it was page 3, 10 or wherever. Very handy for some of the threads on here.

That functionality is still working here.

The new posts button seems to bring up a lot of threads that have not been updated since last visit. This is not that big an issue, but the first thing was a great help. would be great to have it back. :)

Again, that's working fine here. You can even be selective via the menu on the left with the purple bars.

Oh, another wee issue just remembered. When you view a thread from the new post button when you go back to the new posts list it sticks you back up at the top of the page. The old version used to take you back to the point on the page you had last navigated from.

That's working too.

Sounds like a browser/cookie issue. What browser and version?

That functionality is still working here.

Again, that's working fine here. You can even be selective via the menu on the left with the purple bars.

That's working too.

Sounds like a browser/cookie issue. What browser and version?

I get the same problem. Im using firefox 10.0.2

View new content

Is there an option to show 'my content' - when I post a question I want to be able to find the topic quickly - I can't see how to do that now.

View new content at the top of this page. Then look on the bottom left of the next page and click the 'I have participated in' option.

That's what I thought I'd sorted out. What page(s) and where are you noticing this?

It's the colour of the sub heading at the top of each page and in the info boxes on the left of each post I am struggling with. I can see it, but not easily.

Eg, Look in the info panel at the side of this post. The word 'Location' is black and I cansee that fine, but then the words 'Evesham, Worcs.' is light grey and is harder to read.

My monitor/settings may be an issue or it might just be my old eyes.

Overall I like the new version! :thumbup:

Is there an option to show 'my content' - when I post a question I want to be able to find the topic quickly - I can't see how to do that now.

As Pete says or alternately click on your name in the bar at the very top then select "My Content"

I get the same problem. Im using firefox 10.0.2

It's FF 10.0.2 I use as default here and the things reported as not working are working fine for me. Check cookie settings. Browser has to accept cookies from domain trialscentral.com or that kind or stuff won't work.