Stolen: 2009 Montesa 4Rt Repsol Limited Edition

montesa622

STOLEN THROUGH EBAY FRAUDSTERS 2009 MONTESA 4RT REPSOL LIMITED EDITION NUMBER 622.

STOLEN ON THE 20TH MARCH 2012 FROM HERTFORDSHIRE PLEASE CONTACT HERTS POLICE ON 0845 330 0222

THE THIEF IS FROM THE GRANTHAM AREA AND CHESTERFIELD AREA HE TEXT AND CALLS STATING ITS FOR A BIRTHDAY PRESENT HE WILL MAKE A STRONG OFFER HOPING IT WILL BE ACCEPTED THEN STEALS THE BIKE THE SAME NIGHT

NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS DO NOT GIVE YOUR ADDRESS OUT.

Edited by montesa622

thanks wayne there are only a few 2009 repsols which were built that year-

to repeat to all DO NOT GIVE ANY ADDRESS OUT TO ANYONE UNLESS THEY ARE AT THE END OF THE ROAD AND INSIST ON I/D, TAKE THERE REGISTRATION NUMBER AND NAME AND ADDRESS IF POSSIBLE.

Sorry to hear such bad news......

I have bike shop in that area and some guy 'named' Mark did a fraudulent card transaction on us and took 2 x £2000 bikes!

Do you have his mobile number? Some guy on ebay, today, has emailed me asking me to call him re. my Beta.....but, he has no feedback at all?......number he left is:

Admin Edit: Phone number removed. Could be totally innocent.

Normally, they use PAYG phones and the police can't trace them! (within a workable radius at least!)....

PLEASE NOTE ONLY THE POSTCODE WAS GIVEN OUT THEY TRACED THE FULL ADDRESS THROUGH THE EBAY ADVERT SHOWING PHOTO`S OF THE BIKE NEXT TO THE FRONT GATE.

Not hard to do, so much info on the web

With a postcode, they could have your full name and address, phone numbers in seconds

Sorry to hear that mate. I know from personal experience how gut wrenching it can be.

Sounds like this guy has done it before so maybe worth expanding you search to mx forums to see if you can get some more information. The Moto Mag forum has a good coverage of stolen bikes. Also let Pidcocks know its stolen as if someone does buy it and tries of register it or something they may pick up on it and you could get it back.

I am trying to sale a bike a the moment and have become so paranoid its unbelievable. I am seriously considering taking the hit by going to a dealer just for some security that someone isn't going to try to steal my bike. I have heard of people meeting in "safe locations" and steal having bike stolen from their or being followed home and having it stolen at a later date. Don't mean to hijack the thread but is it safe to sale your bike privately anymore or are we destined for part ex??? Maybe worth another thread one day.

I have spoken to every dealer in the country to register this today one dealer said he had been done 15 times for theft of trials bikes and generally the concensious of opinion was this happens every day and is normal-another dealer stated there is high demand for trials bikes in the far east so probally on the boat as we speak.

would not use ebay or tmx again will stick to the trials clubs and dealers

thanks for the comments though

I have spoken to every dealer in the country to register this today one dealer said he had been done 15 times for theft of trials bikes and generally the concensious of opinion was this happens every day and is normal-another dealer stated there is high demand for trials bikes in the far east so probally on the boat as we speak.

would not use ebay or tmx again will stick to the trials clubs and dealers

thanks for the comments though

Bad luck, in a container @ Felixstowe perhaps as you say

Hope you get sorted on insurance

this bike was not insured as not registered so all members take note-house insurance will not cover motorcycles and it must be road registered and you must hold a full uk licence to get it insured-

there is an insurer who will insure "laid up" only but 4 photo`s must be provided with the bike chained to an approved ground anchor showing distinguishing marks and with a copy of a dated newspaper and only in a brick built garage even then there is a £500 excess and at the end of the day they probably will find an excuse not to pay so simply a similiar position to getting it stolen without paying the premium-golden rule buy a decent bike,lock it in the house and don`t sell it !