How To Get Mudguards Clean?

ba baraccus

Ok I am trying to clean up an old K-Roo Fantic and I was just wondering what methods you guy use to clean up the old unpainted white mudguards that this bike and many other Fantics had? Its the big rear guard/seat panel and I would like to get it something like white again :unsure:

Cheers guys for any tips :D

post-2-1114460350.jpg

Edited by BA Baraccus

I had some success on the yellow platics of my old PE175 using a combination of wire wool to start with followed by rag and some stuff called faracle, which I think is a course T Cut like paste the motor trade use. Whatever you end up doing I suggest you run a test on an area that is out of sight first.

Try BRASSO it worked on my sons ty,deep scratches can be parred down using a new stanley knife blade pulled across the surface,then buff up with a good polish.Silicone spray gives a good shine to plastics,just spray on then leave overnight and wipe off any excess next day.

Ok I am trying to clean up an old K-Roo Fantic and I was just wondering what methods you guy use to clean up the old unpainted white mudguards that this bike and many other Fantics had? Its the big rear guard/seat panel and I would like to get it something like white again :D

Cheers guys for any tips :hl:

looks pretty white to me - are you sure it needs doing? :unsure:

I ended up using cif (cheers bikespace) and a washing up type scouring pad thingy! Made a fantastic difference, its white again :D

Only thing that lets it down is the seat has faded from the flourecent yellow to a dull yellow colour! Oh well you canr win em all :unsure:

Thanks again guys!!!