2013 Scorpa News

jtrials31

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would not surprise me if they were done, in 2012 they changed the frame color. It doesn't seem like they are putting make development into the bike. With no sponsored riders and a limited following I don't see much change for Scorpa.

I hope I'm wrong on this but it's just my opinion. Maybe they will focus on the T ride and other types of hybrids.

Scorpa has just reintroduced the T-ride, in both a 280 and 125. It is the sister bike to the Sherco X-Ride which is a 290. Not certain if the Scorpa version will be imported into the US, however the plan is to bring in the Sherco.

As for changes to the 2013 trials line, have not seen any news on the release...

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpa has just reintroduced the T-ride, in both a 280 and 125. It is the sister bike to the Sherco X-Ride which is a 290. Not certain if the Scorpa version will be imported into the US, however the plan is to bring in the Sherco.

As for changes to the 2013 trials line, have not seen any news on the release...

Huh, thats interesting, I'm guessing the 290 Sherco is the same motor as the trials bike, but what engines will be in the T-Ride that are 280 and 125?

• 1 month later...

Huh, thats interesting, I'm guessing the 290 Sherco is the same motor as the trials bike, but what engines will be in the T-Ride that are 280 and 125?

The 290 is a model not a capacity...The 290 Sherco motors that I've seen are all 272cc anyway (I think? mine's in the garage but I can't be 4r5ed to look :mellow: )

Edited by ham2

Yep Sherco 290 is 272cc, Marketing gimmick?? make it sound bigger?

Sherco 0.8 is 80cc

Sherco 1.25 is 125cc

Sherco 2.0 is 200cc

Sherco 2.5 is 250cc

Sherco 2.9 is 272cc what is this trickery??

Sherco Cabby 3.0 is 300cc

(Gas Gas 280 is 272cc)

Anyways so with Sherco taking over Scorpa and putting Sherco engines in Scorpa frames I would tend to assume the T-ride 280 and the X-ride 290 will both be the exact same motor 272cc.

• 1 month later...

Last night a pal showed me a picture on his phone of what he reakoned was the 2013 Scorpa 280.

Came in very tasteful blue and white livery.

He downloaded it with great difficulty when he was on holiday in Hungary.

Anyone know more on this?