Does The New 2013 Ossa Come With A Battery Pack Now?

billyt

There are now two different (informal) accessory 'bolt on' systems being used.

One fires the injector (hear the buzz) and the latest one even simpler just nudges the electronics (no possibility of flooding).

Do you think it's needed? My bike is 20hrs from new and once I had the x13 map downloaded into the bike it fires up on the first kick from cold or hot. I understand it's pending from bike to bike and some has had serious starting issues but with the bike coming into its third version/MY now perhaps it's just not needed after fine tuning and other upgrades??

Do you think it's needed? My bike is 20hrs from new and once I had the x13 map downloaded into the bike it fires up on the first kick from cold or hot. I understand it's pending from bike to bike and some has had serious starting issues but with the bike coming into its third version/MY now perhaps it's just not needed after fine tuning and other upgrades??

I don't think anything that would effect starting has changed from 2011 to 2013 other than the maps and I'm not even sure if they have much bearing on starting. I feel the biggest issue is priming the fuel pump when cold - that requires several seconds power.

If your bike starts fine then by all means leave the battery off. I must have about 20 hours on my bike by now and I wouldn't mind trying it again without the battery, but the battery does mean the bike only needs a lazy kick.

My father managed to balance his, kick it and ride off last weekend without putting a foot down - he'd never be able to do that without the battery, in fact he can barely start the bike without the battery as he has trouble kicking it well enough being relatively short and very light.

Most owners I know have at some point experienced starting issues, the battery solves all of them although you must exercise a little care not to flood the engine.

I always prime the kick starter before you turn the battery on - since doing this, I havn't flooded the engine.

I read the 2013 spec and nothing said about a starting battery pack?

Anyone care to comment?

2013 bikes does not come with a battery pack, however if anyone has an issue the 9V $5 solution works very well. I'm intending to provide the Canadian 2013 bikes with this system installed. cheers

So just for clarification, is this the 9v solution that was explained in the previous thread that works in conjuction with the capacitor that you only turn on to start and then switch off, or has someone devised some new trickery!

yes