Scorpa Uk

marky g

I understand that Nigel Birkett is now the main importer for Scorpa UK, his website hasn't changed much and no mention of the importership.

If you tap in Scorpa uk into google it will still take you to the old website....I was interested in getting hold of the water pump protector off the Scorpa France website (proper alloy job) and I see they do some nice Scorpa clothes.

Tried to get hold of Birektt via his website ages ago to order some pants but no answer to emails or nowt...you'd think he'd get his act together if he's the importer

Marky Just hang loose nigel has been looking after all the scopra riders in scotland and from what i saw very well he will be a great asset to scorpa with all his R&D experience

Vinnie

Edited by Vinnied

I wonder what Martin Crosswaite is up too?..... his customer service was first class... no idea if nigel is as good an importer as martin i no longer own a scorpa bike..... judging by the comments on TC nigel has got a big job ahead of him and the anti-vibes i can on hazard the guess there is truth behind what's been said.

Edited by spud

Martin and Dan Clark Have a trials display team that takes up most of their weekends. When I last saw Neil he was saying they had switched to Gas Gas (probably from Cobb & Jagger). I also remember that when Martin last came on the site to explain the situation he said that they were still supplying clothing and boots.(Can't remember whose tho!).

the anti-vibes i can on hazard the guess there is truth behind what's been said.

go ahead sprout the beans what have you heard

Vinnie

can he sell 3 times more bikes, website, bettering martin's customer service.... these points have been raised and none of them by me.....my own experiences of martin are as i said, first class. do you think it was a good thing martin lost the importership? what can birkett bring to the table that martin hadn't already done so? will the scorpa brand see higher level's of sales in the uk under the birkett banner.... what about advertising, rider sponsorship, parts, customer service - these points really stem from the above question, what can birkett do to enhance the scorpa name and better martin.

best of luck to birkett for taking this very courageous step - blimming courageous that's what i say.

Edited by spud

Had a try on Kev Seward's 175 Scorpa at Bootle a few weeks ago. The set-up of the bike was superb, suspension was so plush and it steered well. They certainly know how to set up a bike.

A "proper" 200cc bike would grab my eye for sure, I nailed a 125 Scorpa for 6 months before I bought a S/H SY.

Yamha lumps are great!...my only concern is who is going to buy one, or any other bike if the Defra thing gets a hold :rolleyes: