Acu Trials Registration At The Dirt Bike Show?

pete_scorpa3

When the ACU were discussing the on line licence applications, their preffered option was to scrap the need to join a club. Of course this would be their option as it would have made it easier for the ACU to issue licences online. Clubs in general were against this idea as it removed a revenue source.

The ACU would not have lost anything, it was the clubs that would have been out of pocket.

Some clubs give free memberships and that is fine, others rely on this income to continue running the club.

If its me your referring to,i am a member of several ACU clubs this year,and will be again next year.

Who told you its a Bug?,because if they knew,the facility should have been shut down until it was resolved.

The ACU emailed me back as i took the trouble to report the error and they replied first thing today saying it was a bug. Top marks for them doing that on a Sunday......... As for people not paying club fees, You see it all the time!!!!!!

The ACU emailed me back as i took the trouble to report the error and they replied first thing today saying it was a bug. Top marks for them doing that on a Sunday......... As for people not paying club fees, You see it all the time!!!!!!

Do you? Have you taken the trouble to e mail the ACU about them as well??

This is one of the reasons we went AMCA but thats nothing to do with this thread.

I'm a bit confused as to why a Club cant charge a Club Membership irrespective of if an ACU licence holder has to join or not? Just charge a Club membership if they are one they ride if not they join then they ride thats always how it used to be.

To me the ACU licence issuing is between the ACU and the competitor. The fact that they have one and ride in your event is a insurance compliance matter.

Sorry if i've offended anyones sensibilities but it doesnt seem rocket science to me.

This thread is going off topic now, my original point was that the ACU were accepting licence applications at the Dirt BIke Show from riders who had yet to join a club.

The debate of being 'forced' to join a club is a different subject altogether.

The fact remains that all licence (trials registrations) should include the unique code, by accepting licence applications without a code, the ACU was breaking it's own rule.

If (as I have been assured) no licences will be issued until a correct code is supplied, remains to be seen.

Guys

I am not sure here if we are looking for a problem when one does not really exist, or does not exist to any degree

I was obviously at show, and decided to renew on line as:

(a) I was there and it seemed like an opportunity

( B) as a Computer numpty, someone would help me if I ballsed it up

All was easy and OK – BUT I did not have Code, this was basically because last week in Club I was either too lazy or could not be bothered( it is only Nov after all ) - it was announced in our Club that codes were available etc

So, I have renewed by licence ( I pay £43 for Enduro one – although not sure why anymore!) BUT I then get a message saying that I need to send code as I did not submit it – THEN I will get my licence

Tonight I will pay club membership and get code

So - I certainly was not able to bypass the system and my Club will lose nowt

I do not know if a few have slipped through net, but without being clever, if I did not, I suspect not many would have.

There were a lot of reservations about the online renewal last year , but I think it was a big step forward and I think ( I certainly hope) that Clubs have not missed out – mine certainly has not

clubs will not miss out if the system reqires a code, it should, but didnt when I tried

If I am correct, the code that you use denotes the club you have joined so therefore if you know the code and pass that onto to someone else who isn't a member, then they can use it and get an ACU licence.

Edited by atomant

Atom, not unsurprisingly you are misinformed and wrong, not for the first time!

The clubs issue a code which is for each individual who joins the club to enable that person to use the online system, it is unique and can be used only once, ie the club has as many codes as members that want to join the acu, clear enough?

Well all the scaremongering appears to be just that as I received a mail today asking for my UNIQUE ONE OFF CODE FROM MY CLUB to enable my 2013 acu regisration to be completed.

Same here.

But returning to my original point; I hope the same will apply to people who handed their licence applications in at the Dirt Bike show and promised to join a club.

Brilliant! I wondered where this would go eventually. No code - no licence, sems fair to me.

I firmly believe that all comp licences should be only provided to paid up club members - end of!

Support your clubs guys!

OTF, I see you are still acting as a sales rep for the AMCA, you seem to put the same thing on every forum, including the Scots threads! Maybe not?

Big John

• Like 1

Atom, not unsurprisingly you are misinformed and wrong, not for the first time!

The clubs issue a code which is for each individual who joins the club to enable that person to use the online system, it is unique and can be used only once, ie the club has as many codes as members that want to join the acu, clear enough?

Hmmmmmm, so you MUST get a PERSONAL code so you can get your licence! Obviously not too clear for you as you tried applying without it ! unlike myself who managed to get my licence with consummate ease using the system.. Technology eh! one day you will catch up with it.... :moon: