Lol At The Fim

NAD1

and he would still win !!!, it doesn't matter whether its stop or no-stop the top riders will always be the top riders and will always win,they always have

so i really don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest

and i really cant see where the problem is about marking or laying out a section if your bike stops forward motion its a five, how simple do you want it ???

Yes i agree the top riders would still win,just there would not be anybody there to watch them do it "extremely boring having watched stop allowed trials"

As for making it simple,then it has to be stop allowed,that way you dont have to watch there wheels with a magnifying glass have watched a couple of no stop BTC events on utube and am sure the wheel has stopped but they still get a clean seems to me that you are allowed to stop but only for a split second,much easier with stop allowed rules,must be a nightmare for the observer.

Without lending any bias towards either set off rules; What will the ACU do now about the rules in the UK for 2013? Many people argue that we should have the same rules as the FIM, so does that mean no-stop across the board? Now that the stop allowed marking system has been made redundant is there any point having 2 BTC series?

• Like 1

There is a solution and i think it was Alan Wright who touched on it first, , and its all down to tyres, the modern tyres are so sticky that the good riders could climb a house end, so for very little money just take the ultra sticky tyres off the market and go back to 4 ply tyres, i know this is a step backward for you hop,stop and rev the tits of your bike boys, but it would make section planning a whole lot easier, because the bikes will not be able to grip like they can now, i am sure the tyre manufacturer's will soon be able to re-tool there machines for very little expense to them

its just a thought

FFS are we really in 2012??

Trials (like everything else in the world) has evolved. Its a fact of life that whats been has been and the glory years as you'll no doubt see them of riding up sh*tty muddy bank, through some 3ft deep mud ruts and through some deep puddles have gone.

While we're going back to sh*tty tyres, why not got back to twin shock or better still rigid bikes. Obviously it would have to be air cooled and maybe we could make them weigh in the region of 90-100kg while we're at it.................

Obviously all riders would need to compete in wellington boots, wearing a flat cap, no gloves and smoking a cigarette.

And before anyone starts, it is not that your views and opinions are wrong.They are very valid for classic bike series, twin shock series and so on.

We are talking about the 2013 World Trials Championship - it should be the absolute pinnacle of trials riding with only the very best riders and like it or not has ultra light bikes, grippy tyres, fuel injection and so on.

Again its evolution, evolve or die.

• Like 2

no stop is fine on the lower class lines, but unsafe on the upper levels, unless the sections are tuned to no stop rules as well, personally i dont and at 50 years old will likely never ride anything harder then advance, and ride no stop by choice, but have set and trials master my fair share of events, as well as am the EMT at a few events, and can see some broken bones in the future if the sections stay the way they have, and the no stop rule is inforced, the only reason i comment on this , is that the US rules are usually geared after the FIM rules, to a point,

i know some of the Champ riders clean it, make it look easy, and they always will, its the masses that will struggle and will likely just stop riding when its not any fun,

after all , the major support of any club ect, is the weekend riders that show up, lay the money down and beat up a motorcycle and themselvs, when its no fun they find another way of having fun,

iv seen it with other clubs hear in the states,, AHRMA is a good example of rules ruining venue.

iv posted this on my face book page, and am reading the comments from our local riders, so far its been a 90-10 not in favor from the upper class riders.

FFS are we really in 2012??

Trials (like everything else in the world) has evolved. Its a fact of life that whats been has been and the glory years as you'll no doubt see them of riding up sh*tty muddy bank, through some 3ft deep mud ruts and through some deep puddles have gone.

While we're going back to sh*tty tyres, why not got back to twin shock or better still rigid bikes. Obviously it would have to be air cooled and maybe we could make them weigh in the region of 90-100kg while we're at it.................

Obviously all riders would need to compete in wellington boots, wearing a flat cap, no gloves and smoking a cigarette.

And before anyone starts, it is not that your views and opinions are wrong.They are very valid for classic bike series, twin shock series and so on.

We are talking about the 2013 World Trials Championship - it should be the absolute pinnacle of trials riding with only the very best riders and like it or not has ultra light bikes, grippy tyres, fuel injection and so on.

Again its evolution, evolve or die.

OK "evolve or die" well according to the powers that be the FIM and the ACU this is evolution

you better get used to riding without stopping, or you can always 5 every section, dose not bother me either way, how you ride the sections but the rules are the rules....stop forward motion a big fat 5 we can all have our rants but the rules are very simple

i was only putting an opinion across to maybe help the future of the sport, and yes i do remember the glory days of trials, but i don't go and watch or photograph Pre-65 or classic trial's even though i could as my father puts plenty of trials on for the VMCC , i have moved on too... i enjoy watching modern trials, but i enjoy watching no-stop trials so much more, than stop hop and rev the tits trials, for a start there are only a handful of riders in this country who can actually ride like this anyway, i have watched riders who would have got through a section if they just RODE it, but they would try and stop and hop the back wheel 3cm to the left or right and as soon as they have done that all traction had gone and a 5 was inevitable,i was not saying we need to go twin shock, or any of the other BS you mentioned i just though of a simple way of making the sections a little bit easier for Clarke of the course to mark out, for the NEW no stop rules

I get from a quick read of the press release that all the manufacturers are supporting this no stop plan. Are they so out of touch with the punters who could buy thier products......WTC is an entertaining circus but it is not a good way to market thier products. Trials is a secret minority sport of the competitors and (theoretically) for the competitors. Personally I resent paying a substantial part of a new bike to fund layers of unneccesary cost of sales, but thats my problem it seems everybody else finds it sexy. It must be time for some serious market research . For me making and promoting sophisiticated bikes in the way they have been is a recipe for a decline in buying interest. Add to that a worldwide recession, all the problems of land access, insurance etc. .. There are several things they could do to sell more bikes which would be far more effective than a quick change of a rule.

• Like 1

OK "evolve or die" well according to the powers that be the FIM and the ACU this is evolution

you better get used to riding without stopping, or you can always 5 every section, dose not bother me either way, how you ride the sections but the rules are the rules....stop forward motion a big fat 5 we can all have our rants but the rules are very simple

i was only putting an opinion across to maybe help the future of the sport, and yes i do remember the glory days of trials, but i don't go and watch or photograph Pre-65 or classic trial's even though i could as my father puts plenty of trials on for the VMCC , i have moved on too... i enjoy watching modern trials, but i enjoy watching no-stop trials so much more, than stop hop and rev the tits trials, for a start there are only a handful of riders in this country who can actually ride like this anyway, i have watched riders who would have got through a section if they just RODE it, but they would try and stop and hop the back wheel 3cm to the left or right and as soon as they have done that all traction had gone and a 5 was inevitable,i was not saying we need to go twin shock, or any of the other BS you mentioned i just though of a simple way of making the sections a little bit easier for Clarke of the course to mark out, for the NEW no stop rules

Dont know how you can say you enjoy watching no stop to stop allowed,but each to there own ,as for only a handful or riders can ride like this,isn't that the same at any top level motorcycle sport.

Great shame the ACU & FIM didn't do a public vote before they made there decision .

Do you think that would make any difference to the outcome? As far as I can see reading this topic it is fairly evenly split although the poll on the front page is starting to favour Stop Allowed rules.

Arguably the two most watched trials in this country are the Scott and the SSDT, no?

Both are run no stop.

The best riders still win.

There is obviously some popularity for spectators to watch no stop trials or these events would not attract them.

One question. Is the new ruling just for outdoor, or will the indoor be affected too?

• Like 1

Dont know how you can say you enjoy watching no stop to stop allowed,but each to there own ,as for only a handful or riders can ride like this,isn't that the same at any top level motorcycle sport.

its easy i would rather watch a rider ride the section in one go.

Do you think that would make any difference to the outcome? As far as I can see reading this topic it is fairly evenly split although the poll on the front page is starting to favour Stop Allowed rules.

No because the ACU & FIM would not listen anyway,the poll on the front page is not starting to favour ,it has favoured stop allowed from the start by a big margin.The top riders should be asked what they want,after all they are the ones that have to ride it.

its easy i would rather watch a rider ride the section in one go.

Ok fair comment,but to me they just look out of control,hanging on by the skin of there teeth and when they do get to end of section i think to myself was that skill or luck.