Trials Over Christmas Break

dannyb

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of trials on over the Christmas break? looking for things in my area (south/south east/south west) and so far I've found nothing on weekend before (22/23rd) !? a twinshock trial on the 30th and then 3 club offerings on New years day!!!

why is this?

or have I missed some out please?

here is a stab at the ones i know about;

sunday 16/12/12 - Worthing & DMCC (AMCA) - club trial at Holmbush Farm

sunday 16/12/12 - Bexleyheath & DMCC - club trial at Wainscott

sunday 16/12/12 - KYTC - club trial at Offham quarry

sunday 30/12/12 - Thames MCC - the Mike Kemp trial at Hungry Hill (P65, maybe twinshock)

sunday 30/12/12 - OWLS MCC - club trial at Penshurst

tuesday 01/01/13 - Bognor & DMCC (AMCA) - club trial at Halnaker Pit

sunday 06/01/13 - Folkestone & DMCC - charity trial at Harbledown

sunday 06/01/13 - Horsham Riders (AMCA) - club trial at Rome Woods

yes relatively speaking its sparse, especially given the way the weekends fall this year, but often people have got family commitments over the festive period. i think the 3rd weekend of December used to be the late Windlesham Cup by Windlesham & DMCC at Bagshot (i remember riding it xmas 2003 or 2004) - but Windlesham packed up soon after. i know for my club its our longest gap between events (6 to 7 weeks) that we do, but we'll still be doing stuff to our site.

Folk these days have other things to do having given up their time the rest of the year to run trials.

I shall invoke JFK and suggest you contact your club (probably too late for this year but...) and offer to run a Christmas trial next time round.

already done.

Thanks Rabie. I'd already mentioned those ones, and yeah as you can see, there's quite a gap. Hopefully it can be filled with something better than mindless drivel on TV and turkey sandwiches!!

Could the answer be one of the words in your post title - "Break?"

It's Christmas Break for the Clerks of the Course, Secretary of the meeting and section setters too! Probably they want to spend some time with their families.

Why don't you offer to put on a trial for your club?

the other way to think about this is that many club have fixed dates, eg the 2nd sunday in december, etc, and this year we have 5 sundays in december, ie an extra trials date, that combined with the seasonal festivities hasn't been exploited by clubs