Scorpa 250 4t

lastplacebrad

Whats all the fuss about these heavy 4 stroke lumps?? They are just the emperors new clothes!

A couple of years ago would anyone consider buying a bike 5Kgs heavier than the best of the rest?(nearly a stone!!!!!!!!!!!).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats all the fuss about these heavy 4 stroke lumps?? They are just the emperors new clothes!

A couple of years ago would anyone consider buying a bike 5Kgs heavier than the best of the rest?(nearly a stone!!!!!!!!!!!).

A lot has happened in a year! New rulings forcing the manufacturers to make 4 stroke motors and for them to be competitive, they need to be the dogs bollox. My 4t is 3kg heavier than the 2t and i cant notice it at all.

The first outing of the 4RT was winning the world series until Dougies accident :blink: . You gotta admit thats impressive!

This scorpa looks to be around 70kg in weight so hows that heavy ? Its a nice looking bike and if it rides like it looks, there will be a lot of peeps switching to 4 strokes, especially clubman riders like me as they are so much easier to ride. :D

a bike 5Kgs heavier than the best of the rest?(nearly a stone!!!!!!!!!!!).

How many peeps have put a stone on in weight in the last year ? !!!

IMHO :D

Edited by Webmonkey

It seems too many people are hung up about weight of the bike.

Having switched from the lightest to a 4rt, it seems one can't focus on any one specification to judge the bike. To me it is more how the bike works as a combined package.

Heck I haven't even removed my side stand on the 4rt, just don't care about lightening it for a club rider like myself.

I might be mistaken but it seems in WCT rounds where the 4rt's have done well are in the wet, slippy, trials vs. the more dry indoor style events.

Living in the northwest U.S. it's wet 9 months a year, the 4 strokes work here for sure.

Edited by sideup

Andy, when will you have a chance to put up the details you were given at the photo shoot.

Anyone heard when is the bike going to be ready for the eager little beavers to get their hands on it.

A lot has happened in a year! New rulings forcing the manufacturers to make 4 stroke motors and for them to be competitive, they need to be the dogs B*****ks.  My 4t is 3kg heavier than the 2t and i cant notice it at all.

The first outing of the 4RT was winning the world series until Dougies accident <_< .  You gotta admit thats impressive!

This scorpa looks to be around 70kg in weight so hows that heavy ? Its a nice looking bike and if it rides like it looks, there will be a lot of peeps switching to 4 strokes, especially clubman riders like me as they are so much easier to ride. :D

a bike 5Kgs heavier than the best of the rest?(nearly a stone!!!!!!!!!!!).

How many peeps have put a stone on in weight in the last year ? !!!

IMHO :lol:

Don't think weight is really an issue, I had a shot on a mates Sherco 4t on Saturday and WOW, awesome, I honestly didn't notice much of a weight difference to the 290, not that I rode it for long though. I'm probably the worst judge in the world but to be blunt unless you're name is Lampkin or Jarvis etc why does 5 kilos become a problem.

Went back on my Honda, now there's a weight problem.

Looking at the Scorpa it looks the doggies danglers, much better than the sherco or the Mont. My numbers come up, I'll be heading down the road to see Mr Birkett, that's for sure

dy

• 4 weeks later...

I must agree. The Sherco 4t feels spot on to me (As a clubman rider) I certainly couldn't feel the extra weight however, I also couldn't start it. Not from Cold. Not from hot. So I bought another 2st for this year. See what '07 brings along in the way of 4t's.