What Tyres Are You All Using

closeybeta2011

If you want new tyres dont get pirrelis unless using your bike for trail riding. Stay on the michelinns But if you do get new ones Dunlop and irc are also good. I use Michelin X lights they are the best tyre you can buy. X11s are also great but a little stiffer side walls. X lights tend to have bad cuts in the sidewalls after a while after riding on rocks lots. Due to thier thinner construction But that does not affect me as we only have mud in the south east;)

• Like 1

hi all i have michelins on the bike now but im looking to buy new ones can get pirellis pritty cheep but they do seem a little harder than michelins what do you guys think of the pirellis

What do i think of the Pirellis ? Crap.

you'd be better off with worn Michelins than new Pirellis. Theyre only any good for road bikes or for selling a bike on flea bay to say it's got new tyres. Then again if you know about trials you would argue the price down cos you would need new tyres.

• Like 1

If you want new tyres dont get pirrelis unless using your bike for trail riding. Stay on the michelinns But if you do get new ones Dunlop and irc are also good. I use Michelin X lights they are the best tyre you can buy. X11s are also great but a little stiffer side walls. X lights tend to have bad cuts in the sidewalls after a while after riding on rocks lots. Due to thier thinner construction But that does not affect me as we only have mud in the south east;)

:agreed: I have only ridden Michelins, both X11 and X-Light, and I see no reason to try anything else, they're almost perfect.

I had two cuts in the sidewall of my rear X-Light but could fix it with tyre sealant.

Maybe next time back to the X11... :mellow:

I have an IRC rear on my Rev3. It's lasted well considring 70% of my riding is on manmade concrete structure and limestone boulders. It has minor cuts and abrasions on the side wall but no deep splits. It's never lost since being turned and the tyre seems fairly resistant to wear unless you do silly things like rolling burn outs etc.

A friend uses and X lite on a 1999 Gasser on the same terrain and he has also had no snags and you can physically see the softer X Lite squidging around roaks etc. It has way better ability to wrap around objects to increase surface area.

Either one seems good but I'll be going X lIte as soon as the IRC dies.