Njb Expert Shock

gazzaecowarrior

Well my Mont MH123 is finally up and running. I decided to fit NJB expert shocks and I am very dissapointed with them. I accept I'm a modern trials rider use to mono shock bikes but there just seems to be little damping and they just spring back. The rebound just seems rapid. The montesa shocks I took off were far smoother on the rebound but were too tatty to compliment the restoration. Am I expecting too much or have people had better experiences with these ?

I recall you have a choice of different damping rates with these shocks, standard and extra light, which did you order? and what did NJB say to your complaint?

I got mine from In motion. Just told them my weight. Didnt seem to be any option on the damping. Are you thinking of the trick shocks they do ? The 30 year old mont shocks i've got are way superior.

Well my Mont MH123 is finally up and running. I decided to fit NJB expert shocks and I am very dissapointed with them. I accept I'm a modern trials rider use to mono shock bikes but there just seems to be little damping and they just spring back. The rebound just seems rapid. The montesa shocks I took off were far smoother on the rebound but were too tatty to compliment the restoration. Am I expecting too much or have people had better experiences with these ?

Gazza , i bought some a few years back for a Fantic and i was very disappointed with them as well.I remember buying them as they were a lot cheaper than Falcons or Rock shock. I learnt my mistake when i got them. They were only good for the bin. In my opinion they are a cheap shock for peeps that wont to save dosh. In future i will fork out the extra and get some pricey ones.

Gazza , i bought some a few years back for a Fantic and i was very disappointed with them as well.I remember buying them as they were a lot cheaper than Falcons or Rock shock. I learnt my mistake when i got them. They were only good for the bin. In my opinion they are a cheap shock for peeps that wont to save dosh. In future i will fork out the extra and get some pricey ones.

I was thinking the same. They have the damping qualities I had on my MT50 moped shocks when I was 16. Now that was a bad bike !!!

Rockshocks are twice the price, but a vaguely competent spannerman can change the damping with the shim stack.

John is really helpfull and will talk you through.

I changed the springs, length and damping on a set I got 2nd hand (but virtually new) for less than a pair of NJB's

Means you can swap them to another bike in a push.

Edited by b40rt

I was thinking the same. They have the damping qualities I had on my MT50 moped shocks when I was 16. Now that was a bad bike !!!

Spot on Gazza .The MT5 - Cor , now that was a good bike , almost impossible to blow up thanks to its 15mm diameter carb . The poor thing was sucking for air threw a straw.

Spot on Gazza .The MT5 - Cor , now that was a good bike , almost impossible to blow up thanks to its 15mm diameter carb . The poor thing was sucking for air threw a straw.

One of the guys in our club fitted a 100cc honda engine into his sons MT50 and it went like stink. I had a rip on it and the front end was very light. He was clearly the fastest kid at his college !!

• Like 1

Rockshocks are twice the price, but a vaguely competent spannerman can change the damping with the shim stack.

John is really helpfull and will talk you through.

I changed the springs, length and damping on a set I got 2nd hand (but virtually new) for less than a pair of NJB's

Means you can swap them to another bike in a push.

Thanks for that