Twinshock With Disc Brake Conversion

zerorev3rev4

why would you want to do that. surely the whole point of twinshocks is to ride them as they are ,as for converting monos to twinshocks just dont see the point .if you want to ride a bike with discs and monoshock why not just buy an evo and be done with it

• Like 1

In club events you may get away with a disc, probably not eligible for club championships etc..

The blue bar event is acu, so not eligible.

Probably have to ride it in modern bike class.

Converted twinshock bikes sometimes covered by 'trickshock' class.

Not really worth doing either conversion.

A well set up drum is better than a crap disc brake.

• Like 2

why would you want to do that. surely the whole point of twinshocks is to ride them as they are ,as for converting monos to twinshocks just dont see the point .if you want to ride a bike with discs and monoshock why not just buy an evo and be done with it

i already got a bike with discs and mono iam looking at improving the braking of a twinshock so its more like a modern bike to ride and so there isnt a vast difference going from mono to twinshock ( as i ride both ) and to have good sharpe brakes even when wet the events i ride arnt easy ( not pottering around inbetween trees but going up moss covered rocky streams ) and plenty find hard enough on a modern bike so any improvements will make riding a bit easier

Twinshocks are not meant to have brakes that work and if they do they are only meant to retard forward motion not to stop the bike. and as for using clutches whats all that about. If you want to ride a period bike ride it in a period way. That's why they have comfy seats so you can sit and paddle !!!

• Like 5

Just buy a modern bike, instead of cannibalising a Twinshock by fitting a disc & ruining it

mmmmmmmmmmmm think ive already stated i also run a modern bike ,and no cannibilising would be needed ,i suppose if i wanted i could have two front ends and just swop when wanted if i go down this route or i could have one twinshock with disc and another without

ive done the Blue Bar for the last 5 years and you dont need brakes, its nearly all up hill !

Theres plenty of good twinshock hubs particularly trail bike hubs from the 70s and 80s that are good enough and period that will lace up nice.

i can see why if you like fettling you'd build such a thing.. because you can. where to ride it is another easy answer.. any 'modern ' trial of which there are a dozen each weekend. where to ride it competetively though.. im not aware of a club that caters specifically for twinshocks and allows disc braked mono conversions to compete in the same class as twinshocks..

although these pages are as good as any of finding one..

• Like 1

ive done the Blue Bar for the last 5 years and you dont need brakes, its nearly all up hill !

Theres plenty of good twinshock hubs particularly trail bike hubs from the 70s and 80s that are good enough and period that will lace up nice.

not a bad idea with the trail bike hub ,

i can see why if you like fettling you'd build such a thing.. because you can. where to ride it is another easy answer.. any 'modern ' trial of which there are a dozen each weekend. where to ride it competetively though.. im not aware of a club that caters specifically for twinshocks and allows disc braked mono conversions to compete in the same class as twinshocks..

although these pages are as good as any of finding one..

well put ,this is more the info i was after ,so if i had 2 front ends it could work pritty well , as theres not many twinshock events you find yourself riding easy events against modern machinery so been able to keep up with them on a twinshock would be very satisfying