Fantic A Good First Trials Bike?

actwin

I'm picking up my first trials bike tonight, I got it for $600 plus 2 tires, the ones on it are cracking around the rim area but should do me for now. It needs a good cleaning but it looks about as expected, I'll need to take the carb off as it leaks now after sitting with petcock on. Where is the best place to get parts in the states for these? Previous owner mentioned a place in New York, He also said to run premium fuel at 50:1 ratio with synthetic oil, sound right? What kind of oil for the tranny? Thanks for all the info! Scott

Place in New York is probably the Tryals Shop.

Website for info!

http://www.tryalsshop.com/preowned.html

I am not sure about the particulars for that machine, mix ratio, gearbox oil etc..... Somebody on here will be able to help you with that. May want to post your questions on the machine in the Fantic specific forum or Twinshock forum.

Now get to riding it!!! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello actwin , if the bikes a handfull do a little work on it and part exchange/sell it for more dollers and get a 240 . At that price you can't go wrong !

It (the 300 ) may be perfectly good for you , i had a 240 and rate it above my 245 for indistructabillity and think the Fantics of that time were tons better than any of the later Monos .

To give you some insite into your bike ,go to www.classictrials . They are here in the south of England and have some great tips and ideas for your bike .

Don't know about fantic in the USA for spares but Bob Wright Fantic spares here in the uk can get or has on stock some hard to find bits . Steve Good motor cycles too .

Shy ted

Edited by shyted