Bultaco X-Lite

scot taco

Reading their "About us" blurb it's pretty clear they have an over-inflated sense of their own abilities. "We know more about Cams than say Honda or Porsche or Yamaha today", Seriously?

EDIT: Oh I looked up X-Lite and it sent me to a pigeon English website. I guess I was in the wrong neighborhood.

Edited by dan williams

Reading their "About us" blurb it's pretty clear they have an over-inflated sense of their own abilities. "We know more about Cams than say Honda or Porsche or Yamaha today", Seriously?

Not sure you are on the same page here - Vesty 3 times world champ, I would think he would have a clue about bike design

The article was in the latest issue of Classic Dirtbike magazine that I picked up yesterday.I didn,t have time to read it thoroughly,but I don,t recall any mention of knowing more about cams so I think a couple of the post here might be on the wrong forum.

Vestys X-Lite Bulto has a 175 bottom end and is a 272 engine capacity.It tips the scales at 81.06kg and he is working on shaving more weight.

• Like 1

Absolutely no idea where the 'about us' reference to cams, Honda or Porsche comes from. I don't remember any reference to them in the article, or on his facebook page

Vestys X-Lite Bulto has a 175 bottom end and is a 272 engine capacity.It tips the scales at 81.06kg and he is working on shaving more weight.

Which cylinder & piston were used to give 272cc ? Any other engine details in the article please.

Hi trialsrfun,it says that they used an Alpina barrel (I would guess a 250) for more modern porting and bored it to take a 280cc Gas Gas piston.The piston was modified slightly to match the inlet port.It now has a swept volume of 272cc which upped the compression ratio.A stock 250 has a swept volume of 238cc.

It states that when he pulled apart the ex-Saunders Comerfords 250 that the drive side balance weight was machined in half.On this bike the primary counter balance weight was shaved,but it doesn,t say how much.The clutch and ignition flywheels were lightened and it has a Electrix World ignition system.He also put a six speed gear box in.Pretty cool!

Cheers,Scott

Hi trialsrfun,it says that they used an Alpina barrel (I would guess a 250) for more modern porting and bored it to take a 280cc Gas Gas piston.The piston was modified slightly to match the inlet port.It now has a swept volume of 272cc which upped the compression ratio.A stock 250 has a swept volume of 238cc.

It states that when he pulled apart the ex-Saunders Comerfords 250 that the drive side balance weight was machined in half.On this bike the primary counter balance weight was shaved,but it doesn,t say how much.The clutch and ignition flywheels were lightened and it has a Electrix World ignition system.He also put a six speed gear box in.Pretty cool!

Cheers,Scott

Thank you for the info.

Still not that light at 81kg, only the same as the Heyes Tiger Cub but much better than standard.

Talking to a spanish rider recently whos said his cub was down to 68kg and he lifted it to prove it.

• Like 2

I believe it was because he already had the175 laying around the shop and it said that the 175 and 250 bottom ends were the same.He used a 1983 frame.I don,t know if they were any different than the 81-82.It also had a custom exhaust that Reg May had designed that he had reproduced byRod Spry.It has a round angled mid section going over the motor and the end silencer is down under the custom airbox on the right side.