Andorra Trial Day 1 Results

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings!

Great result from Dibs. He's slowly moving up the leaderboard.

About 23 years old is the peak median age for world trials, traditionally, so unlike the older riders who are in their 30's right now, I think Dibs will steadily be moving up over the next couple years. His podium at the last round in 2012 gave me some hope.

While since you've banned anyone ............

Not been a need to. These forums are the best I've ever seen in terms of people not fighting with each other. I never had anything personal against Lane either and he certainly stirred things up. His removal was caused after numerous requests.

About 23 years old is the peak median age for world trials, traditionally, so unlike the older riders who are in their 30's right now, I think Dibs will steadily be moving up over the next couple years. His podium at the last round in 2012 gave me some hope.

Be careful what you say here. He is quite positive about no stop in the latest news article. You'll no doubt have him down as Trials answer to Joseph Mengele in light of this.

• Like 1

Be careful what you say here. He is quite positive about no stop in the latest news article. You'll no doubt have him down as Trials answer to Joseph Mengele in light of this.

Spanish riders don't seem to like no-stop as much as the Brits generally might, I believe. Brits back in the day, like Jarvis and Dougie, were better at no-stop type of riding that they were, all things being equal, at stop-allowed type of sections. Maybe Dougie winning two more outdoor titles than INDOOR titles shows me that. Jarvis loved the no-stop type of slippery sections (won 3 of 6 world rounds at one point!), vs. the indoor grippy/stop/hop type of stuff (he never won an indoor world round, I believe.) Saunders was the same way, I believe? Spanairds practice in dry grippy/stop/hop type of sections, but in, say, Kent, uh, different story (more of a no-stop type of terrain.) I'm NOT holding this against the Brits.

NO Nazi comparisons for Dibs, or any other rider, as I completely respect their opinion....and I also think they don't want to be the recipient of a sternly worded letter from the FIM like Raga was, threatening their livelihood, so I assume they are "approving" of the new rules just to "get along". (But see my point above about the British riders.) I don't blame them. Allowed to REALLY tell us how they feel, I think more would be against the straight-jacket on their freedoms that the FIM is imposing on them in pursuit of the almighty dollar. My rage is towards the FIM, not their victims.

It seems the FIM's dream is to turn our sport into a slower version of the Scott Trials.

Edited by funtrials
  • Like 1

Not been a need to. These forums are the best I've ever seen in terms of people not fighting with each other. I never had anything personal against Lane either and he certainly stirred things up. His removal was caused after numerous requests.

So can we assume that the person who flipped off another rider (with a picture) in a recent thread would be MORE likely to be banned than someone who strongly expresses their opinion on a controversial topic, but who has not resorted to such tactics? (Not that I'm calling for his being banned.)

...........which was the whole point of the change? Unless it was to put Bou at a disadvantage?

Entries are down in all catergories unless I'm mistaken.

no more riders will join the top route unless financially it can work, ie rich perents or factory support?