2012 Raga Kickstarter

jandyb

Took my sons Raga out for a ride yesterday. Very nice bike, but... The kickstarter seems to be a different type than all my other GG`s. Is there any others having trouble with foot sliding off??

I got a spare good old kickstart somewhere in my garage. Do you think it will fit? (Ill probably find out when I try...)

-Jan

I am contemplating on having a welder add to the "bumps" to which I could then file on, make sharper, problem is I still have scars where kicker dug into calf, without being sharp, so swapping with starter from another year might be the right way to go.

Funny TrialsUK shows red and black, sells black and "silver" go figure. I wanted the red one.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my 12 300 Raga.What I did was remove the standard kick start lever retaining bolt and trade it for a allen head bolt. This moved the kick start lever when getting ready to kick from slightly behind perpendicular to the bike to slightly ahead so that my boot stays on the lever instead of wanting to slide off.Works much better and seems much less dangerous.

Had the same problem with my 12 300 Raga.What I did was remove the standard kick start lever retaining bolt and trade it for a allen head bolt. This moved the kick start lever when getting ready to kick from slightly behind perpendicular to the bike to slightly ahead so that my boot stays on the lever instead of wanting to slide off.Works much better and seems much less dangerous.

You mean that the thicker allen head keeps the kicker "out"? Seems like an idea to try.

Tryed fitting the old kick start I`ve had in my garage "for ever". Think its from a 02 or maybe 03. Did not work because of the wider frame one the newer bikes.

-Jan

The bolt head is thicker so the lever does not rotate as far out before hitting the stop and being ready to kick.In that position it has worked much better for me when it is wet or dry.

Aaaah, now I get it.