300 Pro Chain

wright4d

Ten minutes n it will bed in. Ive never had a chain fail n mixed n matched. Unless is totally worn out.

Mountain bikers are anal about chains but my mountain bike just keeps going year in year out and ok hands up its a smoother gear chain when i do

swap everything but dont buy into buying cheap as thats a clear waste ot time.

Ten minutes n it will bed in. Ive never had a chain fail n mixed n matched. Unless is totally worn out.

Mountain bikers are anal about chains but my mountain bike just keeps going year in year out and ok hands up its a smoother gear chain when i do

swap everything but dont buy into buying cheap as thats a clear waste ot time.

How did you know I was a mountainbiker!? :D

Would anyone be able to answer the original question please, what make is the stock Gas Gas chain and is it a 520?

Thanks

Have you looked up the chain which is mounted to your bike?

Often the manufactory has stamped their logo on the links, second a 520 chain do have dimensions, measure them and compare:

520 = (5/8 x 1/4 x 10,16). roller: 10,16 mm, pitch chain: 15,88 mm = 5/8", chain width inner dimension: 6,35 mm = 1/4"

Have you looked up the chain which is mounted to your bike?

Often the manufactory has stamped their logo on the links, second a 520 chain do have dimensions, measure them and compare:

520 = (5/8 x 1/4 x 10,16). roller: 10,16 mm, pitch chain: 15,88 mm = 5/8", chain width inner dimension: 6,35 mm = 1/4"

:agreed: But the "light" trials chains have smaller outer dimensions so you can't combine a "light" 520 chain with a "normal" one.

Most chain manufacturers have the dimensions on their website...

:agreed: But the "light" trials chains have smaller outer dimensions so you can't combine a "light" 520 chain with a "normal" one.

Most chain manufacturers have the dimensions on their website...

Yep, therefore I just mentioned the roller dimension, the pitch and the inner diameter, as these are dimensions are to any 520 identical. The outer Diameter -as you said- could be efiierent, or it could be a complete half link chain, ...

CHXP9630-5.jpg

• Like 1