How Do I Fit This? Photo Attached

expat_boy

the rubber bung was confusing me but obviously it was for the bleed nipple.... fitted the new master cylinder but when filling up the reservoir the oil just wont bl;eed through... may have to bleed from the bottom up with a syringe. gutted as i planned to ride boxing day :(

Patience and perseverence . Fill the cylinder by bench bleeding first .It takes minutes.You'll lose fluid sure enough,but mount it and pour more in.

Before you connect the brake line operate the piston with a flat round punch untill you get fluid.Connect the hose at the cylinder, disconnect at the caliper untill you get fluid draining through of it's own accord . Undo bleed nipple,connect brake hose,keep topping the fluid up . Wait to see if fluid will come through of it's own accord at the bleed nipple.If it don't ,then bleed on.Wash fluid off with soapy water.If that method don't work resort to turkey and brussel sprout curry!

Merry Christmas!

Edited by shyted
  • Like 3

eddie lejeune do you think thats funny or something?! all your answers on here are pointless and sometimes offensive to people which are just asking for help because they may be they have never done it before you have to start somewhere. of course a random unordered part did not arrive ... its what people say " this arrived in the post this morning" go try to be helpful or leave the forum as i have seen 0 replies of help or assistance bye you all you do is write stupid comments that only you think are funny...

expatboy - keep trying it takes a while but dont give up it will work!!

happy christmas

ben - 14

• Like 4

Hello!

Back brakes are a pain sometimes, use a syringe and force the fluid up from the calliper up to the reservoir. I find you can get air trapped at the bradded hose (banjo bolt) On the master cylinder,

so undo it let fluid flow out as your still pushing fluid into the system tighten the banjo bolt and I would put minimum of 2 70ml syringes of fluid through the lines

Fingers crossed this works for you and you can ride Boxing Day

Rich

• Like 1

eddie lejeune do you think thats funny or something?! all your answers on here are pointless and sometimes offensive to people which are just asking for help because they may be they have never done it before you have to start somewhere. of course a random unordered part did not arrive ... its what people say " this arrived in the post this morning" go try to be helpful or leave the forum as i have seen 0 replies of help or assistance bye you all you do is write stupid comments that only you think are funny...

expatboy - keep trying it takes a while but dont give up it will work!!

happy christmas

ben - 14

Ben you had better get to bed asap or Santa won't come!!

• Like 3

the rubber bung was confusing me but obviously it was for the bleed nipple.... fitted the new master cylinder but when filling up the reservoir the oil just wont bl;eed through... may have to bleed from the bottom up with a syringe. gutted as i planned to ride boxing day :(

I'm not sure if you have an older bike or a new model (the new bikes have enough room around the M/C) but sometimes turning the installed M/C upside down and slowly pushing in/out on the piston with a Phillips screwdriver will bleed the air from the pocket at the top of the bore area. The difficulty is that the feed line from the reservoir is below the pressure outlet when the M/C is normally installed so the usually large air bubble has to be forced down to the reservoir feed outlet. It's difficult to move enough volume/pressure of fluid in these narrow lines.

Jon

• Like 1

Hi expat

when you fit the new master cylinder, make sure that you adjust the brake lever rod to have a little slack. If you don't have some slack it will not work and you will not be able to back bleed it.

If you have a problem with bleeding there is loads of info on this site.

Try to load every thing with fluid as you assemble it. Its messy but it will work.

Good luck and hope you get your ride fixed..............

Happy Christmas every one.................

Ben and Eddy.. Kiss and make up please..XX

TLTEL

• Like 1