2013 Gas Gas Not Restarting After Use....

pwrcing

I started the bike on choke on the second kick as I always do, flicked off the choke....rode off for 30 secs then turned off whilst I waited for a mate.

Then I tried to restart the bike with/without the choke on and it wasnt having any of it.

not even bump starting. I checked & cleaned the spark plug when I got home and put back in but it still wouldnt restart. I am leaving it and hopefully it will start tomorrow.

Does anyone know why this happened, what did I do wrong and why wouldnt it restart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Hi Guys

wow loads of replys!

I sprayed all the electrics last thing before bed and kicked it over and started second kick this morning!

I have no idea why but i think it may have been damp electrics?

I'm popping out this evening so will see how it goes.

Do you think its anything to worry about or not really?

Thanks for all the replys.

Personally id blame mate for been late.

I mainly find carb is the biggest issue 90% of issues are due to carb, ie dirt or water old fuel etc. Then spark plug n plug cap, Then Flywheel housing not dry.

On the whole ive not had much electrical issues with Gassers

I have had electrical issues with my gasgas.

The pickup coil went and was told by gasgas themselves that these never go an the only way to get one was to buy a new stator for about £300-£350.

Turns out it was the pickup and got one for £27.

So yeah, sometimes it is electrical. I find on here people dig to deep into problems without searching for the small things first.

Check your plug, the plug gap and all kill switch, earth wires are all secure. Then go to the carb, clean that out. If its still doing it then there is something not right elsewhere but these would be my first points of call.

Or even just let bikes(and cars) actually warm up before you use them.Totally agree with the last comment.

Yep!

I don't ride my bike untill its completely warm. When the fan comes on, that's when I know it's time to ride.

I see people turn up to a trial, kick the bike over and away they go to section 1. They then wonder why they didn't make it up the steep part or why their bike has stalled, then sit there looking at the bike as if something isn't right. Duhhhh.

Have you solved this issue yet?

yep sorted it... i think...it turned out the be the most basic thing, starting with the killswitch as last thing I used like nelly 1 suggested. it seems to stick down, creating the cricuit, cutting the engine. When I left it over night with WD40 on it must have allowed the switch to move up.

I'm still reading all the comments as no doubt they will be of use sometime in the furture..

thanks!!!!