Jotagas Rear Suspension ?

toman21

As per Newton's 3rd law, every action has an equal and opposite reaction and with Jotagas' design the reaction is straight though the main beam of the frame whereas other makes are vertical and need an outrigger that needs to be quite substantial to react the forces without flexing.

• Like 1

What is the advantage? Hopefully less dabs. You got to ride one to appreciate. Straight from the factory with no changes in settings, I have found the suspension superb. Very forgiving, follows the terrain, helps with grip and gives confidence - covering all things from random rock beds to rock steps to soft sand banks.

Other big advantage - so easy to work on - less links, easy access, easy to maintain the links, O-rings and bearings.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photos telecat. You look like you know what your doing on a bike.

Riding club trials and easy OTC trials for so long , I forgot how bad a rider i was and foolishly rode the Colmore yesterday.

The months of rain reduced the traditionally muddy event to a scene from the battle of the Somme. It was thick slimy mud evreywhere and carnage (for me anyway). It was flat out everywhere trial , often in 4th , or perhaps this was where i was going wrong ha ha.

It was just me , i was out of my depth :( .The Jack Woods next , but ive just been brought down to earth so I think ill be leaving that ;).

It's my Son doing the riding, he occasionally posts as North Yorkshire Lad. He was 13th overall which wasn't bad given he does not ride No-Stop that often. Lap1 dropped 15, Lap2 9, then on the last 5! Just cleaned the bike off and it's ready for preping again. Just had a minor drama in that we run the throttle cable up the right side of the Headstock for maximum slack. It got pinched by the bump stop and we had to change it at the start of the trial. I'll have to get a replacement sticky loop as ours just falls off!

Many Thanls to Sue Goddard for the Photos and many more of the Trials are at

https://www.facebook.com/suegoddard57/media_set?set=a.10152332008915712.1073741938.677430711&type=1

Edited by telecat

I am fascinated by the rear suspension systems on a Trials bike. There are some cool examples below on this vid when you can see who has and who hasn't got their suspension set-up for them as good as it can be. On splats you want the rear wheel to hug the landing zone but you can clearly see in this vid some rear wheel bounce and the resulting effects it has. The rear suspension is the most important thing to get right for riders at this level I think. IMHO of course :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only comment regarding set up is that these guys in the film are all very good and train on this type of section daily (however it is always possible to make mistakes).....they are also young ,fit and have massive quads...leg suspension is a forgotten tool for most of us. The old estimate of how well a bike/rider performs id 80% rider /20% bike springs (no pun) to mind.

Only comment regarding set up is that these guys in the film are all very good and train on this type of section daily (however it is always possible to make mistakes).....they are also young ,fit and have massive quads...leg suspension is a forgotten tool for most of us. The old estimate of how well a bike/rider performs id 80% rider /20% bike springs (no pun) to mind.

Yes I agree. That's why I mentioned 'set up for them' but a good suspension set up can make crap riders (like me ) get better results :)