2014 Marks The Centenary Scott Trial

laird387

Both pictures are John Conway in Surrender section, year 2003, I checked in a programme for the year & I knew it was a brother of Maria before I checked.

Another edit!

Just checked - 2002 red boards with NO sponsor name - 2003 red boards sponsor name TW Bikesport.

Edited by perce

Both pictures are John Conway in Surrender section, year 2003, I checked in a programme for the year & I knew it was a brother of Maria before I checked.

Another edit!

Just checked - 2002 red boards with NO sponsor name - 2003 red boards sponsor name TW Bikesport.

Excellent, that's really helpful, perce, now I can sort several more hundreds into the archive catalogue, complete with names.

Deryk

• 2 months later...

Hi,

In the marquee before the Start of the Centenary Scott Trial, Barry Robinson spotted Julia Robinson, Editor of the Centenary programme.

He asked her "Can I photograph you getting your leg over Roger Tushingham's Scott?", before it led the field off for the celebration event.

Happily Julia saw the fun of it.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-63510400-1413800247_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Who needs a 5k watercooled machine when a twenty year old, plus maybe more years, Yamaha sporting an old fashioned air-cooled engine is good enough to do a Scott Trial. Twenty seven Scott Spoon winner Philip Alderson missed his twenty eighth Scott Trial spoon by just four marks. He has thirteen gold and fourteen silver spoons in his collection. Will twenty seven spoons ever be beaten. Doubtful.

PHOTO: BARRY ROBINSON

To see these photographs without watermarks don't forget we are telling the whole story of 100 Scott trials, profusely illustrated, in ORRe.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-07067300-1414607227_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

Our ORRe coverage of the 100 years of the Scott Trial will be right up to date - and there are plans afoot to issue the complete story as a printed book - if we can sort some technicalities - but for ORRe subscribers there could well be access to a digital version - it's all very exciting............

Here is one of Barry Robinson's shots from Orgate Falls this year, with winner James Dabill confidently pressing on........

Enjoy

post-19290-0-58819100-1414607849_thumb.jpg