2014 Marks The Centenary Scott Trial

laird387

Hi,

Another of the 'lost' negatives that has no supporting information of who, where and when, from Barry Robinson.

It seems to us definitely from the Scott trial - but can anybody tell us who and when?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-98890200-1396938039_thumb.jpg

Hi totalshell,

You've spotted one of the conundrums of research into the history of competition motorcycling, I have a couple of photographs which I am certain were taken in the 1928 event, when they definitely went that way across the Splash. As it was ten years before I was born it makes remembering all that more tricky - though my mother was a milkmaid just north of Otley at the time................

Cheers

Deryk.

The 2014 Scott Trial will be the Hundredth time this unique and very special event has been run.

Deryk Wylde.

Not quite correct, the first Scott was run in 1914. Two World Wars plus Foot & Mouth have prevented from running the event every year since.

Not quite correct, the first Scott was run in 1914. Two World Wars plus Foot & Mouth have prevented from running the event every year since.

Quite right, perce, I had always thought that the Scott was the first ever trial - but sadly, I was wrong - the Edinburgh club's forerunner was created in 1911, Deryk