Corsica Results?

I thought the FIM was onsite for just such decisions and provide continuity from event to event. Did they not account for the slow creeping style that no-stop encourages when your not riding up slippery stream beds?

Time was short on the Saturday but Information from a very reliable source there and involved ,states riders are very unhappy with the changes imposed but they cannot speak out. The decision to slow down and virtually give up on the Saturday buy many in the Pro class was a protest to the FIM.

I have no doubt the tight time kicked off the rebellion on the day . I'm told this was the straw that broke the camel's back and the riders grabbed the opportunity to send a message to the FIM they must be consulted and listened to.

That is correct. The tight time and long sections, after the riders had asked for and been declined an extension to the overall running time, was the final straw. This is something that has been building up for some time. It is just unfortunate it happened at a brand new venue in a new "country". I really hope it doesn't put the organisers off doing it again as everything else was fantastic - from paddock to sections - absolutely everything was spot on.

• Like 1

Good to hear a bit of truth from 2 reliable sources. Sadly, officialdom are digging their own grave for the top class level of the sport if consultation with ALL involved is not forth coming, and quickly.

There was 6 125's the sport is dead at world level

Thanks Andy . Aye Eddie is in a bad state.

One person I met yesterday said about no stop . It's a great idea but the sections these days are crazy. The sections in trial these days are like going skiing and starting on the black run.None wants to do this , it's crazy.

Everyone I speak to in the know about the sport thinks the sport at WC level is dying quickly.

It's the change that people disagree on

Thanks Andy . Aye Eddie is in a bad state.

One person I met yesterday said about no stop . It's a great idea but the sections these days are crazy. The sections in trial these days are like going skiing and starting on the black run.None wants to do this , it's crazy.

Everyone I speak to in the know about the sport thinks the sport at WC level is dying quickly.

It's the change that people disagree on

Make'em ride a slightly harder no stop version of the SSDT

After 6 days the winner is World Champion

Trials needs to go back to its core values & move away from the circus antics that it has become

Make the sections long & tough, but not dangerous, over an eight hour day for 6 days, with the rider having to conserve his bike & himself in a proper test - with roadwork too

Now that's proper trials for me

Doubt it'll be popular though :)

Edited by johnnyboxer

My view (as an ageing club rider) is that longer more slippery sections are needed, more mud, soil, sand and roots. WTC has become too much like an indoor trial outside. Since the rules are non stop, sections should be laid out and marked a such.

At WTC, my opinions as an ageing club rider, are probably not worth a toss.

What is needed is for all parties, top riders, factories, prospective top riders and the FIM to get together and sort this out.

Perhaps the answer is two championships, one genuine traditional non stop, and the other trick riding and stop permitted.

Perhaps just make WTC time and observation, like the Scott, you don't get much complaining about observation or time limits there!

Looking at the results it seemed like Eddie Karlsson got into trouble on the end of the 2nd lap. all 5s...

It's now confirmed that he had a big crash in section 9 and even feared a broken leg. However he kept on going punching 5s and no xrays in the hospital and no offical report yet about the severity of the injury; hopefully he can ride in Italy!

BTW I confirm that he rode without minder in Japan.

/TJ