Non-Stop Banned In France?

mags

I look forward to seeing a rapid increase in entries from all over the world as the young people disillusioned by the dinosaurs and their no stop rules return in their thousands to spend £6000 on a bike. Observers will return to the sport in pairs, one of each pair carrying a stop watch and a whistle. All will be well again as before no stop everything was perfect.

• Like 8

I wish a change in rules either one way or another would rescue our sport but feel its much deeper than that.

Whilst baldilocks is being sarcastic it probably will be better for the french to have stop allowed in all honesty thats how they want it and how they set out there trials.

• Like 1

I spoke to a team member of the Honda Repsol team recently and was surprised to learn that he, Fuji and Toni like the no stop rules (the only problem Toni has with it, is the events are now easier, which means the other riders have a better chance of beating him). He did say that maybe, due to what is allowed, that it shouldn't be called no stop, but they like it because the riding is more flowing in the sections.

I believe the the Japenese championship is going no stop in 15 too.

So let's thro away the no stop tag and call it something like........

Dynamic Trials

• Like 1

The rules aspect has to be black and white but at the same time it can't be whatever rules are applied. The french system will now permit reversing I believe ? Is this just when feet up or can you do this with your foot down ? Both have been tried before.

I still like the idea of guidance or rules for the layout of the section as much of the difficulties I see at local trials are around non stop trials with sections that cannot be ridden no stop.

No-stop could have been done so much better. The problem I have always felt is in the section design and suitable terrain to create incredible non-stop sections. Taking the skills of the top riders and watching them do their tricks whilst in motion could have been much more of a spectacle than stop - brrrrraaaaapppppp - Splat - Repeat ad infinitum ... It's skilful yes, but it's tired .... and my thoughts were making sections that gave new opportunities to develop new skills whilst on the move was the way to go. That doesn't appear to have happened.. such an opportunity missed I feel :(

Edited by atomant
  • Like 4