Japan Wtc - Non Stop

jam

In which countries, beside the UK, is it allowed to ride in rivers?

In Australia we ride trials in river and creek beds.

Some public land is protected from use by any motorised vehicle, but privately owned and privately leased land usually has few limitations relating to vehicle use

Lets not all have rose tinted glasses though, it gets harder every year, maybe too hard now and out of the 30 000 odd trials riders worldwide (5000 in the uk?) only 300 enter?

Totally agree Andrew just picking up on Telecats point that people are entering the SSDT because they think they have to maintain it, does he actually realise the cost to a privateer?

Agree too that it is getting too hard again and that might dwindle the numbers, the sections are getting tougher and there are lots of double subsets now especially on the Friday route, when you se Dabil hanging over the handlebars at the end of a section hyperventilating then the clubbys are going to struggle.

Back on topic Japan was a joke on two main counts the man made sections and the observing (can't blame the rules only the observers for not even attempting to implement them).

No stop don't work at WTC level and as much as the top riders with their skills are trying to disguise their no stop antics to the arm chair viewer it is frustrating. My take would be 2 minute time limit on each section do what the hell you like forwards, backwards, stop just count the dabs??

• Like 2

Totally agree Andrew just picking up on Telecats point that people are entering the SSDT because they think they have to maintain it, does he actually realise the cost to a privateer?

He's too narrow minded or pig headed to realise it's the best 6 days you're ever going to have on a Trials bike. I never bothered adding up my costs, it's priceless. BUT the sections are currently too long & difficult which also affects your running time, when you see the states of some the riders by the end of the, you do wonder why some of them do it.

Edited by perce
  • Like 3

Spot on there Gizza 5 and perce.

Unless you have done Scotland a few times you really don't understand what the event is.

And yes it's getting too hard and tight on time. It needs to be eased off a bit so it's not a race. The top lads are really having to ride extremely well to go round on the low scores that they do. It was known as a club man's holiday but I know some very good riders who won't do it again as it's got to the point that it's a struggle all week.

• Like 3

Agree too that it is getting too hard again and that might dwindle the numbers, the sections are getting tougher and there are lots of double subsets now especially on the Friday route, when you se Dabil hanging over the handlebars at the end of a section hyperventilating then the clubbys are going to struggle.

Back on topic Japan was a joke on two main counts the man made sections and the observing (can't blame the rules only the observers for not even attempting to implement them).

No stop don't work at WTC level and as much as the top riders with their skills are trying to disguise their no stop antics to the arm chair viewer it is frustrating. My take would be 2 minute time limit on each section do what the hell you like forwards, backwards, stop just count the dabs??

I have looked at the cost and thankfully Chris does not feel the need to do it. Let's face it the Entry fee is off putting enough. Follow that with the Accommodation, Spares, Petrol chase vehicle etc and I think it's a practical non starter. Aside from that How many Trials riders actually have a Road licence these days? Those Younger riders that do have it usually get it to do the SSDT and do not actually road ride. Then there is the thorny question of the bike's road legality. If the sections are getting tougher then that goes back to the days when the SSDT was dying and riders didn't turn up in the numbers needed. Much as some blamed that on Stop Allowed and timing making it too hard is the number one reason many riders do not turn up to Trials. Ironic considering the popularity of Hard Enduros!!!