2016 Cota Rr

jj65

Awesome? Repsols looked like that for a while?

Indeed, still the one to have - if a 4RT is your bag

I think I'm glad I have a 2007 Repsol - at least I know what it is & I have all the decent parts fitted from the off

RR - underwhelmed for me & could have been so much more

Edited by johnnyboxer

Of course it will, if you're at a level where you need the extra power and could do with less weight.

If not was was the point of any bike that has evolved over the years?

If your at a level where you can get the most out of a standard bike then you should be riding the wtc circus. You could give us bou's bike and it wouldn't make us ride much better. Bou could jump on a std bike and make the rest of us look like beginners.

Yes the RR looks good, and its always nice to have the latest model, but its not massively different from the first 4rt 10 years ago.

• Like 2

So all those guys, like Phil Disney for instance, that bought 280 and 300cc kits for there 4RT should be riding WTC???

And what are you going to say to all those guys that bought a 300cc GasGas, Beta, Sherco etc?

Edited by guys

If your at a level where you can get the most out of a standard bike then you should be riding the wtc circus. You could give us bou's bike and it wouldn't make us ride much better. Bou could jump on a std bike and make the rest of us look like beginners.

Yes the RR looks good, and its always nice to have the latest model, but its not massively different from the first 4rt 10 years ago.

Having been around Road Racing for a few decades what John has said is true. I've seen quite a few lads being given much better bikes for the track by a sponsored team and they actually go no faster and in many cases go slower, could I do any better on Bou's bike? probably not and possibly I'd be worse than I am now.

Edited by the addict

So all those guys, like Phil Disney for instance, that bought 280 and 300cc kits for there 4RT should be riding WTC???

And what are you going to say to all those guys that bought a 300cc GasGas, Beta, Sherco etc?

I know Phil very well, and his bike is very nice indeed. If I and many of us on here were in the same position we'd have that bike too. But with no disrespect to Phil as we have some good battles together in trials, he rode the beta as good as the mont.

I'm saying that if anyone can get the most out of a standard bike then you should be thinking of making a living from trials. The bike is pretty much always going to be more capeable than almost every rider, with a few exceptions.

I have practised the same sections for the last 15 years, and they are on the limit of my skill level, not the bikes level, whether it was a 2001 scorpa, 2003 rev3, 04 315r or my 4rt's none of them made me ride much better and neither would a 300 RR.

I don't condone anyone's choice of bike, as like me and you, its your pride and joy which you've worked very hard for, I was merely stating that it probably wouldn't make us ride much better.

• Like 3

I would say that I was never able to ride my old GG200 to its full potential as a pro rider borrowed it from me one day and did things on it I wouldn't dream of being able to do (he then handed it back and said "well it isn't the bike"). On the other hand I do think my 2015 Sherco 250 has really improved my riding... it may just be psychological but I love my new found riding abilities :)

Back on track...

I see our U.S. Cousins have a price and interestingly, no longer sell the Race Rep (Repsol)

http://powersports.honda.com/trials.aspx

So with vat in the UK, should be around £7699 to £7999 figure, which is what it's worth compared to a Repsol. Mind you, UK being what it is, we'll be paying more than most for it.

Edited by jj65

If it's $9999 in the US, it'll be nearer £10k in the UK - that's how the $-£ thing usually works unfortunately

No Repsols?

Maybe existing Repsol 250 and 260's will be become iconic classics

I do hope so :moon:

I see no reason for the RR to be priced anymore than £8k in the UK. What does it have over the Repsol, 288cc, dual map TB, new hubs, new Braktec master cylinders and cheaper forks, the rest is as per the Repsol (minus the carbon silencer cover). If it's more, it's a rip off. Mind you, according to Honda UKs website, there aren't any 2016 bikes.

My guess is, there seeing what the demand will be before posting a price. Current £ to € exchange rate is €1.41, so Honda UK is in a strong position to buy at a good price.

You'll have to wait another 20 years for your Repsol to become collectable, even then they'll still be plenty about.

I dunno about waiting 20 years, it's still worth what I paid for it 5 years ago, as a used bike.................unlike a Sherco/GG/Beta

Good 4RT's don't drop a penny, if you buy used

300 RR - I still reckon it'll be nearer £10k, than your £8k....................................blimey a Repsol 260 is £7k and looks like they may be discontinued now

Edited by johnnyboxer