Yrjö Vesterinen And His View On Modern Trials

guys

It was a good trialing weekend, with both him and Charles Coutard mingling and speaking with the riders. An autograph session Saturday evening, with them both signing pre printed action photo,s again a very well thought out addition to the weekend. However after wobbling round on Saturday trying not to make any errors, it became a different story when right on que sunday, the heavens opened and the cobwebs got dusted off third gear. I would think the 75 kg bike doubled in weight. Chapeau to Joel and his merry men for a fantastically well organized trial... made better in my opinion by the rain ordered especially for " Le Rostbiff,s " or so Joel said on the Sunday...

• Like 2

Fair enough top level trials are pretty distant from what the majority of us do on a Sunday.

However it has come about due to the devlopment of lightweight bikes.

Like a 75kg Bultaco!

I bet the trial guys from the 50's and 60's said the same thing about his riding style  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It was a good trialing weekend, with both him and Charles Coutard mingling and speaking with the riders. An autograph session Saturday evening, with them both signing pre printed action photo,s again a very well thought out addition to the weekend. However after wobbling round on Saturday trying not to make any errors, it became a different story when right on que sunday, the heavens opened and the cobwebs got dusted off third gear. I would think the 75 kg bike doubled in weight. Chapeau to Joel and his merry men for a fantastically well organized trial... made better in my opinion by the rain ordered especially for " Le Rostbiff,s " or so Joel said on the Sunday...

I saw a video on facebook of Yrjö in the mud, looked VERY slippery :-)

Quite surprised by his comments and his analogy to skiing was rather poor i thought. At first i thought he was meaning a separation of stunt riding like urban trials or trials display shows, then i realised he was actually meaning competition trials. 

Edited by faussy