My Bike Lift

taffe

Hi all, just thought I'd show my modifications to my Harley bike lift jack stand so that is suits the Gasser.

It should all make sense in the photo's. The ramp is fixed at the front and goes the floor at the back, wheel the bike on, secure it to the tie down straps, chock the rear wheal and pump away with a foot [any foot] and up goes the back end. Gets the bike up to a good workable height.

Cheers Taff

post-14210-0-60556500-1441847177_thumb.jpg

post-14210-0-30608300-1441847285_thumb.jpg

post-14210-0-78742900-1441847306_thumb.jpg

post-14210-0-90708100-1441847324_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I would advise to also make a stand for the bash plate and add clamps to attach to your pegs. This is easy when you need to get the wheels out, front fork, linkagework etc.

I got a mx lift like home build works perfectly. Also I can lay the bike down on it and pump it up for clutch work.

Scissor_MX_Lift_02.jpg

Also maybe add a small tray for parts or tools.

But nice work!

Edited by crazybond700

Hmmmm, Crazybond I'd have to wear my helmet in the shed all the time with that hoist hanging from the roof. To justify the cost I'd need to see how many times I've needed to hang my bikes up to the roof to work on them. Well, in the last 55 years not once, so money saved there. :guinness: 
Anyway I like to go down the DIY track first then the catalogue. :D

Cheers Taff

Crazy you and my boss enjoy a hanging bike. But it moves. Over 25 years ago I got lucky and bought a real motorcycle lift from a dealer going out of business. Nothing like being able to put four bikes cross wise to lift and change tires or forks all in one swoop.  ( Ps Taffe`s idea is great!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yHuPtsr8w