Top Rider Salaries

atomant

The problem with a European manufacturer supporting a young rider is that Honda can just come along and poach your rider and there is nothing you can do about it, cant imagine Beta is particularly happy as that is what happened with Lampkin, Bou and now Busto. HRC are always going to be able to beat any offer made by a Euro manufacturer as they are governed by bike sales and HRC well who knows?

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have used the 6 degrees of separation as I know a couple of HRC employees from my RR days.Bou is < 150k from Honda,sure he has some personal sponsors and other deals on top.

Some posters need a reality check,there are good motoGP riders I know of making less than 250k do you really think Honda are paying that or more to win a WC that 99% of the population have never even heard of.

The motorcycle market in general has been in decline for the last 10 yrs salary wise,I know a motoGP rider that was making €1m in what is now moto2,he's now on 250k in moto gp,if Honda wanted to buy cheap titles the world lawnmower racing champion would be on about £2m.

• Like 1

Ok so I have used the 6 degrees of separation as I know a couple of HRC employees from my RR days.Bou is < 150k from Honda,sure he has some personal sponsors and other deals on top.

Some posters need a reality check,there are good motoGP riders I know of making less than 250k do you really think Honda are paying that or more to win a WC that 99% of the population have never even heard of.

The motorcycle market in general has been in decline for the last 10 yrs salary wise,I know a motoGP rider that was making €1m in what is now moto2,he's now on 250k in moto gp,if Honda wanted to buy cheap titles the world lawnmower racing champion would be on about £2m.

Thanks for the insight

I agree about motorcycle sales in decline & can only get worse as the rider age demographic ages