Beta Rev 3 2004 Problems?

bmanbonza

I've recently bought myself a beta Rev 3, and Iam having a few problems. Iam not a mechanical minded person but willing to learn, my bike cut out the other day and for the life in me I could not get it to start,having pushing it about a mile back home I realised one of the breather pipes had melted around the exhaust.

I replaced the pipe hoping that would be the fix, but still no joy.... Any ideas guys

More than likely the stator, the rev3 were famous for stator failures

Yep, could well be the stator. They did have a lot go. Don't let that put you off though I had two Rev 3's and neither of them had stator issues. Cracking bike.

Like someone else said., check the spark, and if you have one, the next thing I would check is that fuel is getting through.

Good luck

If you have no spark it's highly likely to be the stator, before spending £180 on a new one look up companies such as Bradford ignitions. I just had mine tested for faults, repaired and returned within 2 days. Excellent service for £80