Early Watercooled Mono Class, In Uk?

johnnyboxer

Ive tried your world remember Ross ☺. Those happy nights in the garage cleaning drums, cramp from pulling the clutch in, praying the kickstart doesn't snap when you kick it over. Is that defined as soul ?

Not for me but each to their own.

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1

Ive tried your world remember Ross ☺. Those happy nights in the garage cleaning drums, cramp from pulling the clutch in, praying the kickstart doesn't snap when you kick it over. Is that defined as soul ?

Not for me but each to their own.

All valid points Glen. I stand corrected. Edited by b40rt

I think an early water cooled mono is no more competitive than a late air cooled mono, Their time will come but it will be quite a few years.

There's the odd Yam round our parts but I've never seen another A/C mono (except a youth on a fantic 80).

I'm building 2 at the moment to ride in the normal classes.

It would be nice to see a few more as that's my late teenage era.

On a normal clubman route C these bikes can still be ridden well and will be no more demanding than a new bike.

Plus I will not have the anal types whinging if every bolt is not original.

• Like 3

Why not just get your Bike and ride !!!

Most clubs would let you ride round for a non award basis ....

The advantage with a Twinshock is you can ride Any Trial & Any Class if you really wanted to .....Centre Championships and Nationals Included .....Its much the same that there are few trials for Sidecars ...!!

Just get out and enjoy it !!!

As Always

The Wobbler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just awake as ive got man flu.

Big Girls Blouse Flu in your case... :chairfall: :chairfall:

Actually you're both right, you each have different views and unfortunately that's what causes the problems, everyone thinks their view is the priority view.

The boss lady is just gearing up for the first round of the Scottish Champs in April and she has 12 different classes to look after. These are valid groupings and designed in part to bring folk out onto bikes that are lying in sheds, but where do you stop??

These classes don't even delve into the quagmire that is classics!!! Ye canny pleae a'body :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've found this an interesting read. In many ways it's exactly what's happened with classic racing. The problem with anything like this is how do you regulate it. You only have to look at pre 65 and twinshock trials to see the problems involved.

Personal view is if you want to have a bike like that then get one and just ride it as normal. Get one before the price goes mad enter it one event a month just to remind you how much things have moved on and why/how you got into trials in the first place.

Funnily enough, the Lothian Trials Club events, aimed at beginners from the start, initially brought out a lot (comparatively) of interesting old monos both air and water cooled. Folk seem to have moved on to new Monts and Ossas. Is there a message somewhere in that?

Funnily enough, the Lothian Trials Club events, aimed at beginners from the start, initially brought out a lot (comparatively) of interesting old monos both air and water cooled. Folk seem to have moved on to new Monts and Ossas. Is there a message somewhere in that?

I suspect that might be down to costs. The older bikes like that now seem to be going for more money than the 2nd/3rd generation watercooled bikes add to that spares are harder to get for them I would guess there not the cheapest option anymore!