Stolen TLR250

jimg

Hello all fellow trials community.  I had a 1985 Honda TLR250 stolen on 8/13/17 in the Columbus, Ohio area.  The bike was restored with many upgrades and it looked "show-room" new.  I cannot express how distraught I am.  There are very, very few of these bikes and my hopes are it will eventually "show" up for sale and/or be seen...even if it is years down the road.  So, please tell your friends and plant a seed in your memory and if you ever see a TLR250 (not a Reflex), PLEASE take the time to take down information that may assist me in recovering it.  gawnej@att.net

TLR250_RT.jpg

TLR250_LT.jpg

Edited by jimg
spelling correction

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, biffsgasgas said:

Breaking news here. Bike is found and recovered. Trials is a small community here and because of this they were quickly able to get it back. Great work trials people!

—Biff

Good news, were the police involved, or are they as useless as ours ?

• Like 1

I saw this on ADV I guess the thief sold it to somebody who was not aware it was stolen... once they figured it out the new owner gave the bike back to its rightful owner 

Even more amazing is the trials community has pulled together through crowd funding to make things right...

https://www.gofundme.com/stolen-trials-motorcycle

Makes me proud to be a trials rider... got to say $1,500 for that bike was one heck of a deal !!!

• Like 5

It has been amazing how much support the trials community has supported this effort...what a great bunch of friends!  

Michael_t  exactly right...the buyer (John) of my bike didn't know it was stolen and through a stoke of luck, a good friend of mine recognized it as my stolen bike.  There wasn't a bit of hesitation from John to return the bike to me.  Zero help from the police over the last 3 months.  Also, your right, bike is worth a fair amount more than the 1,500...I just set a realistic amount to try to collect for John for his loss.   

• Like 5