Beta vacancy?

dmc2028372

On 01/11/2017 at 9:50 PM, imexian said:

Well the yam mono did ok, with only one wtc round win.? Didn’t seem to make much difference to there sales, shedloads sold, until the tyz then went a bit wonky....

The yam mono was a game changer and thats why it sold regardless of its higher price. Nothing to do with wtc

On 11/3/2017 at 9:11 AM, nigel dabster said:

The mistakes have been ironed out and the trs is a much better set up, the fact that some parts are interchangeable with gas gas may have helped too.

What are you talking about, no parts are interchangable with a gg. And why do you think it is much better set up? Because they have Adam Raga developing the bike!! Not JS

I didn't even know about Toni Bou when I was looking for a Trials bike, tried a few bikes and just jelled better with the Montesa than the other 2T's I tried.  

So at least some out there pick it because they like it better and not because of Bou.

• Like 2

On 03/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, nigel dabster said:

The yam mono was a game changer and thats why it sold regardless of its higher price. Nothing to do with wtc

The yam probably had most  centre experts on them at the time as they were  that good.  Anybody who swapped mounts got better . When your mates start beating you you follow suit. I always look at what local riders do when they change bikes - better - worse - no difference then make a decision .

add in cost , reliability, colour , parts I already have etc

18 hours ago, faussy said:

What are you talking about, no parts are interchangable with a gg. And why do you think it is much better set up? Because they have Adam Raga developing the bike!! Not JS

clutch is interchangeable, wheels brakes forks, kickstart looks very similar?. the bike is so gas gas in feel when i tried one back to back i couldnt tell which was which .

4 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

clutch is interchangeable, wheels brakes forks, kickstart looks very similar?. the bike is so gas gas in feel when i tried one back to back i couldnt tell which was which .

The wheels forks and brakes are interchangable on all trials bikes. Again, Raga was GGs development rider for the last 10+ years, so no surprise that it feels like a GG

1 hour ago, tricky dicky said:

A British rider will be the Beta number 1 rider.

Fajardo will be moving brands too.

Really? Id imagine they would want someone capable of a top 10. Dibs is the only one capable of this and it cant be him

It’s the eicma show in Italy tomorrow where a lot of new bikes are unveiled and riders announced in different teams etc,so we could possibly find out there, if it’s a Brit it must be jack price or iwan Roberts , I wouldn’t really call either a number one rider though purely for lack of gp class experience ,il take a bet that matteo grattarola will be there man 

21 hours ago, faussy said:

The wheels forks and brakes are interchangable on all trials bikes. Again, Raga was GGs development rider for the last 10+ years, so no surprise that it feels like a GG

so when you said no parts you meant a fair few then?

Raga didnt ride the bike till it was finished.

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

so when you said no parts you meant a fair few then?

Raga didnt ride the bike till it was finished.

The wheels, brakes and forks are pretty much standard across all makes, and have been for years. Sure they share the same tyres, levers, grips, footrests, chains, sprockets, carburetors, radiator fluid, petrol, gearbox oil. Sure theyre the same bike really

If you believe that, you would believe anything. 

Edited by faussy