Ford Connect L2 or Citroen Dispatch

Kpmpap

I’m looking to buy a van to transport 2, possibly 3 Trials bikes. I’ve narrowed it down to  Ford Connect (new shape) L2 or a Citroen Dispatch (new shape). I’d prefer to buy the Ford, but checking the dimensions of the van it seems close for two bikes, so very close for 3 bikes. The Dispatch has more space but lower mpg. Does anybody have a connect L2 with 3 bikes or dispatch?

Cant help with 3 bikes but I have a new shape connect L2 and its been really good, Long enough for a trials bike straight in without turning the bars.

I had a brand new dispatch 2 years ago and it was terrible, dodgy clutch (failed after 18 000 miles) , dodgy electrics, dodgy build quality & poor MPG. The new shape dispatch still uses the old engines so I would avoid, also there are more electronics in this new version & citroen just don't do reliable electrics so another reason to avoid in my opinion.

On 2018-10-12 at 2:18 PM, stpauls said:

A Ford Connect will require 4 new injectors at about 100,000 miles, or so. £1400   Perhaps a new fuel pump at 150,000 miles.  £600 ish   Don't think you would get 3 adult's bikes in .

I have been thinking of buying one. I want  to transport two bikes and they run really good. But is there a reliability problem? Will the maintenance be very expencive:unsure:?