Why is it...

al_orange

Thats it then, we’re all as they say getting on a bit in years. When you see a collection of brightly colour contrasting leather wearing sport bike riders stopped somewhere, once the helmets are off and they are all standing about looking for all the world like they’ve just a rugby ball in the nuts.? Its obvious there won’t be one of them under the age of 50......thats really old by most yuuffs reckoning....fortunately thats the age when a lot of us...er hem...prove to be irresistable?? to the opposite sex??.

As for Mr.DeVito he was supposed to be a babe magnet....or was it food....well a magnet of some sort!

2 hours ago, sirdabalot said:

It's about time the bike manufacturers caught up, I've had this pink sequined onesy for months waiting for the opportunity. 

Theres no time like the present, you'll look really fetching ( fetching what I dony know) especially when a bit of mud splatter hits yer rear end....incontinence rule ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ditto with the Repsol montesa gear, in which case I definitely believe they attract that type of owner!!! 

I think its just the easiest replica gear to get, the other bike manufacturers don't really do bike specific riding gear or else its harder to obtain. I do find it a little frustrating when certain WTC riders don a set of riding gear that the public cant buy (currently applies to busto and Fajardo)

I find the popular return to two piece riding gear in the last 10 years or so a welcome relief and theres definitely an improvement in the availability of stylish but muted trials gear! Other than raga I don't think anyone else sports a one piece when in the 90s early 00s they were all the rage

Another point may be that I think the TRS is the only easily available one piece suit (I stand to be corrected though)

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, faussy said:

Ditto with the Repsol montesa gear, in which case I definitely believe they attract that type of owner!!! 

I think its just the easiest replica gear to get, the other bike manufacturers don't really do bike specific riding gear or else its harder to obtain. I do find it a little frustrating when certain WTC riders don a set of riding gear that the public cant buy (currently applies to busto and Fajardo)

I find the popular return to two piece riding gear in the last 10 years or so a welcome relief and theres definitely an improvement in the availability of stylish but muted trials gear! Other than raga I don't think anyone else sports a one piece when in the 90s early 00s they were all the rage

Another point may be that I think the TRS is the only easily available one piece suit (I stand to be corrected though)

I know very little about trials so my opinion is worth diddly, but to me, I wonder why on earth anyone would buy a Montesa (or any 4 stroke) anyway, other than the fact it's what Bou rides. I truly do not understand why the average person is influenced by what the top level riders (in any sport) are using. But then I want a brand new bike whereas I'm sure a ten year old model would be more than sufficient for my ambitions of one day being an ok clubman - so I can talk! I'm actually reticent to buy a new bike and be seen (rightly) as someone with all the gear and no idea... 

WRT the kit - yes, I was wondering if it was simply that the kit was easy to buy at a good price when buying the bike so people are happy to treat themselves at the time. 

14 hours ago, al_orange said:

I know very little about trials so my opinion is worth diddly, but to me, I wonder why on earth anyone would buy a Montesa (or any 4 stroke) anyway, other than the fact it's what Bou rides. I truly do not understand why the average person is influenced by what the top level riders (in any sport) are using. But then I want a brand new bike whereas I'm sure a ten year old model would be more than sufficient for my ambitions of one day being an ok clubman - so I can talk! I'm actually reticent to buy a new bike and be seen (rightly) as someone with all the gear and no idea... 

WRT the kit - yes, I was wondering if it was simply that the kit was easy to buy at a good price when buying the bike so people are happy to treat themselves at the time. 

Barbers know what they are talking about regarding this ....https://youtu.be/OivQAy0zSaY

On 12/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, al_orange said:

That of all the brands, it seems like TRS riders are the most likely to go full "power ranger" with the TRS clothing? Do they come cheap with the bike or does the bike attract a certain type (like with BMWs). I'm a tart and I'd like a shiny new TRS RR but I don't think I could bring myself to wear the kit too... But then I'm a fat old man..

Thoughts? ?

maybe people want to live the dream become there  hero  for 5hrs  before going back to reality. What a sad world it would be if it was still black and white  as it was back  in the day "pre 65"  dead dull not a sign of color just look at the photos !  i must admit i do find it very funny seeing them with a new factory replica bike  all the gear and fall off in the first section  

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, faussy said:

A onezy

On 12/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, al_orange said:

Kit offered as a deal maker....true cost of kit (clothing only) about £17.00 mark up at whatever the dealer thinks to retail the kit at. £17 off the bottom line sale price of the bike is not going to affect dealers profit margin by much....one sold bike.

23 minutes ago, section swept said:

Kit offered as a deal maker....true cost of kit (clothing only) about £17.00 mark up at whatever the dealer thinks to retail the kit at. £17 off the bottom line sale price of the bike is not going to affect dealers profit margin by much....one sold bike.

£17!!! The TRS top and trousers are £175 from SXS! I expect I'd have some if they were being thrown in. Although they wouldn't fit.. 

Factory rep bike and kit, falling off at the first section... Yep, that's me!

Mind you, when I was struggling in the mud today and having a bit of a mare, I was having a second thought about dropping £6k on a new bike.. something to be said about having an old knackered bike that owes you nothing. 

Edited by al_orange

6 hours ago, on it said:

maybe people want to live the dream become there  hero  for 5hrs  before going back to reality. What a sad world it would be if it was still black and white  as it was back  in the day "pre 65"  dead dull not a sign of color just look at the photos !  i must admit i do find it very funny seeing them with a new factory replica bike  all the gear and fall off in the first section  

Problem is, I watch videos of good riders all week and then my expectation of what I should be doing gets somewhat unrealistic, followed by a very quick and disappointing crash down to earth when I realise I can barely ride in a straight line.. certainly do not feel like a hero.... God, Trials is frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, al_orange said:

£17!!! The TRS top and trousers are £175 from SXS! I expect I'd have some if they were being thrown in. Although they wouldn't fit.. 

Factory rep bike and kit, falling off at the first section... Yep, that's me!

Mind you, when I was struggling in the mud today and having a bit of a mare, I was having a second thought about dropping £6k on a new bike.. something to be said about having an old knackered bike that owes you nothing. 

Ah you see thats the secret in having been a dealer I know what the items probably cost, well a close idea.?

• Sad 1

Well there is something to be said for having an old bike, tweed jacket and moleskin  trousers matched with a nice matching flat cap and aviator goggles.....excellent choice for your dayglow TRS or Red devil Beta. Look tendy in the pub after an all conkering ride.....sections swept clean! See what I did there ....self  marketing etc.

11 hours ago, on it said:

There is nothing like camoflage to disguise  a flop ride. Unlike wearing a ‘here I am’ multi coloured twin set riding kit????‍♂️

5 hours ago, al_orange said:

Problem is, I watch videos of good riders all week and then my expectation of what I should be doing gets somewhat unrealistic, followed by a very quick and disappointing crash down to earth when I realise I can barely ride in a straight line.. certainly do not feel like a hero.... God, Trials is frustrating. 

But you see you make the numbers up and the winner is that much further infront of you.....but without you crashing down to earth the winner has only themselves to beat! Without you they would be just finishers.?

• Like 1