Custom modernized Bultaco

scot taco

Single front downtube frames have been a rarity for a long time now. The only one that springs to mind is the Scorpa with the TTR125 motor and the Scorpa looks quite different around the headstock, so I'm betting on the main frame being either a scratch-build custom job or heavily modified Bultaco

this is the bike that has been dawn a few times as the bike Bultaco wouldve made next had they not gone pop.

Its a Frenchman escuyeire or summat.

Bit of a joke really as it doesnt use the last engine, a gas gas swinging arm, forks from 10 years ago, not the best kickstart available, dellorto carb and so on.

Just cant see the point, but thats just me.

9 hours ago, feetupfun said:

Single front downtube frames have been a rarity for a long time now. The only one that springs to mind is the Scorpa with the TTR125 motor and the Scorpa looks quite different around the headstock, so I'm betting on the main frame being either a scratch-build custom job or heavily modified Bultaco

thats because the exhaust port is on the side, by the rest of the build im guessing its a converted frame, but couldnt recognize it.

Edited by nigel dabster

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, nigel dabster said:

this is the bike that has been dawn a few times as the bike Bultaco wouldve made next had they not gone pop.

Its a Frenchman escuyeire or summat.

Bit of a joke really as it doesnt use the last engine, a gas gas swinging arm, forks from 10 years ago, not the best kickstart available, dellorto carb and so on.

I think the reason Gilles hasn't used the last ignition cover  is because hes gone to a hydraulic clutch and it may have been better to play around with the earlier heavier case , all credit to him as it looks great. 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2018 at 8:40 AM, nigel dabster said:

Giles Escuyer, used a hydrolic clutch, similar to what the Romero Bros developed. As this involves a bit of slicing and dicing of the Mag cover, I feel Giles was very prudent in not using the later type Mag cover on this bike. As a replacement is very difficult to obtain and if found, horrendously expensive!

It is certainly nice to see someone doing something different with the Sherpa, as there have quite a number of individuals doing their interpretation of how the Pursang should have developed.

• Like 2