Sherpa 199B Clutch Push Rod

model80

I'm rebuilding 3 199B engines at the moment. One looks as though it has never been apart before, the pushrod in that is 185mm.  The rods in the other two are 187mm....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

why 3 dave?

My two, one needs rings, the other mains, plus a complete rebuild on a mate's bike hat's been standing for about 30 years and must have had a hard life in the first 10

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 2:01 PM, woody said:

My two, one needs rings, the other mains, plus a complete rebuild on a mate's bike hat's been standing for about 30 years and must have had a hard life in the first 10

Glutten for punishment.............

I think I’ve given myself a clutch problem - I’ve had the timing side cover off whist I’ve been doing some rewiring, put it back on this morning but now the clutch doesn’t feel right - lever is very sluggish to return and feels much too light.

I stripped, cleaned and regreased the actuator arm but suspect I may have lost something - the pushrod extends 16mm from the sprocket not including the felt washer, but there is 20mm from the edge of the casing to the actuating arm, what have I lost / done wrong? I’ve had a google but can’t find a very detailed drawing of the actuator.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, b40rt said:

Check first, but sure there should be a ball bearing in there.

Sorry, to be clear do you mean the ball bearing in the actuator shaft or is there one the other end too? If so that may be the problem, the actuator rod fell out when I had the bike on its side and I may have lost it :(

There is a ball bearing in between the pushrod and the mushroom shaft on the clutch end. It is around the same size as the pushrod. Any pushbike shop should have one but you may have to buy a few to make it worth their while. Graham.

• Like 2