Sell it too me

Robert n

23 minutes ago, oldlegs said:

keep the montesa 300

The montesa is a lovely bike but I’m finding it heavy I carnt bounce it around probably lack of skill as I see a lot on videos that can  if I could I’d never sell it 

Can you bounce a Sherco around?You could adjust the suspension on the Mont to more bouncy if you feel the bike is difficult to bounce about,Annoyingly,those that can do it well make it look easy,when it's certainly not

39 minutes ago, huski said:

Can you bounce a Sherco around?You could adjust the suspension on the Mont to more bouncy if you feel the bike is difficult to bounce about,Annoyingly,those that can do it well make it look easy,when it's certainly not

I rode my mates sherco 300 factory last week it was like getting on a mountain bike compared I was shocked by the difference it’s more than any 10kg 

4 minutes ago, Robert n said:

I rode my mates sherco 300 factory last week it was like getting on a mountain bike compared I was shocked by the difference it’s more than any 10kg 

I've always thought either all the 2t manufacturers cant operate scales or montesa cant. They both cannot be right ? However I was talking to a guy in Italy a few years ago who pointed out a couple of things. 

The weight biasis on the mont is something like 70% front 30% rear which makes it feel a lot heavier.

The manufacturers also quote dry weight, the 2t bikes hold less than 500ml of oil , the 4t has more like 1.5 litre ?

Finally the moving parts issue which makes a 300 2t feel heavier than a 125 may also come into play when you think about timing chains , valves etc and the 4t motor must be more top heavy.

I'm a 2 stroke man, I don't want to write off 6 months learning to ride a 4t, I haven't got long left as it is ?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I've always thought either all the 2t manufacturers cant operate scales or montesa cant. They both cannot be right ? However I was talking to a guy in Italy a few years ago who pointed out a couple of things. 

The weight biasis on the mont is something like 70% front 30% rear which makes it feel a lot heavier.

The manufacturers also quote dry weight, the 2t bikes hold less than 500ml of oil , the 4t has more like 1.5 litre ?

Finally the moving parts issue which makes a 300 2t feel heavier than a 125 may also come into play when you think about timing chains , valves etc and the 4t motor must be more top heavy.

I'm a 2 stroke man, I don't want to write off 6 months learning to ride a 4t, I haven't got long left as it is ?

? it does take 6 months aswell  i used to just lift my old sherco into the van  when i did the mont i was towing  i thought then that is never only 10kg  but to normally ride round they are smooth and very planted  i keep thinking its just my skill level  look at g jarvis thowing that enduro all over  i think i need to change to lighter to give me a chance to improve 

7 hours ago, dwb5151 said:

Go green , had two sherco's biggest regret 

Its interesting the different views on bikes i had a 2006 sherco for 12 years never missed a beat   but i do fancy the vertigo  i also like the txt pro gas gas but too many seem to say they break too easy 

Have one guy in our group with a Vertigo and hia seems to be doing well over all for reliability and performance.  We have a few TRS guys with good luck, and a good bunch of Betas doing very well.

not a big fan of the Sherco’s at the moment with the fuel leaks.  So if I was going 2T I would probably go TRS or Vertigo... rather fond of EFI so would likely go that route at the moment but who’s to say I wouldn’t change my mind by the time I am ready to actually buy another bike.  Very happy with my 17 Montesa 300 RR at the moment so no rush.

good luck!

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1