Training For Trials

wayne thais

To all the "mich lin" bashers & Flame Throwers, I ask you...

Why the 'ell do you 'pick a nit' about whether he paid for the publishing of the book? I guess I mean, what the bloody 'ell does that have to do with the contents of the book?

This is just one blaring example of gratuitous PERSONAL ATTACKS and FLAME WAR bullcrap, tossed in here due to personal vendetta, then miraculously at some point, it will be Lane that will get banned arguing over some blatant comment aimed at him... hypocrisy? d@#n straight!!!

OK, lets bring any hero of yours in here, from any sport, or something, even not a sport. Where is Bernie? or ?? or ??

As you have shown with Lane, you feel that he'd have nothing to contribute to this forum, because they can't win crap right now if they tried, at Pro levels, let alone they would NOT even try IMHO. So anything they would try and post or communicate, to the rest of us who do at least might want to hear it? Well, you are just going to get on here and flame them then? Is that it?

If Bernie showed his face in here, and talk about what he thinks it takes to win in sports today, From your postings here, like Bike Space or Ringo SHOULD and would say the following:

"Sit down clown, you aren't a pro anymore!"

"what's that? Mr Big restaurant man?, not even in America anymore..."

"was it everyone else's fault? you lost in 84"

Thanks, IMHO you and your distractors alike win this -> ;)

For What it Is Worth, I somehow believe if Bob Hannah showed up at the Los Angeles round 1 2 or 3 of this years (or heck, any recent years) "PRO" super-cross, they would NOT DARE tell him "Uh well Uh... Bob? Uh... Uhm, what makes you think you should ride pro?" Nor would you hear uttered

"Honestly dude, you have to ride tomorrow with the kids and amatures." PLUS, we all know, that if he quit after turn one, he'd still get the points given to last place!!! This doesn't change, I don't care if he knocks Ricky Carmichael himself off his goshdang bike on the tripple, they ain't gonna tell him he is not a pro, nor take away his points and stuff!!!!

BTW, for those who haven't seen it, Jeremy McGrath has knocked bubba off his 450 at least twice now, & Jeremy was somewhere like in 13th place in the overall ranks! at the end of his pro ride this year (which is not even 1/4th of the season) :D

This whole "Get a load of this guy" flame contests are for 5th graders through Senior high, and it is SOOOOO apparent here that it is silly.

FWIW, Nobody is saying what Lane has to say is or is not worth the paper that it is printable to, but geesus friggin Chrysler would you just stop the bullcrap.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, why does he get so much **** thrown his way? Nobody else does!

Because the truth hurts.

Kinell, tell me how many organizers in Great Britian would put on a Pro outdoor event to have five riders show up? If it weren't for overseas riders Geoff Aaron wouldn't have any competition.

Ok, why does he get so much **** thrown his way? Nobody else does!

Because the truth hurts.

Kinell, tell me how many organizers in Great Britian would put on a Pro outdoor event to have five riders show up? If it weren't for overseas riders Geoff Aaron wouldn't have any competition.

I can think of a few folk on TC that speak their mind and preach their version of the 'truth'. However, they manage to do so without blabbing on about their own past achievements or how they could have done better if so and so hadn't cheated or if they had been given the big break that everybody else did etc. etc.

There are a few things that wind me up about LL, the main one is when he tries to claim the credit each time a US rider does well! My second biggest bugbear is when he ignores questions asked of him. Maybe Ishy is right when he says that he is sat in front of the PC p***ing himself laughing at all of us. Or, maybe Ringo is right when he says that he's locked up in some asylum ;)

As for your second question, I don't think any promoter would put an event on for just five riders - In fact, I think that says it all actually...

Been reading this thread all along and not really wanting to make any comments, until now. There's no doubt that Lane surely strikes a nerve in some of you for sure. Yes, his ideas and proposals and views are very controversial to most. :D I think that because he is a National Champ and former world round rider he also deserves a little respect! I believe he likes to think he is pushing the envelope with his ideas, asking questions that most on this side of the pond don't want to answer sometimes. I think it's hard to compare our sport now, to back when Lane rode, or even when I rode. I have always believed that it's really all relative.

As far as Lane going on about his past accomplishments and taking credit for future ones in the US.............. Really doesn't matter in the big picture. We all ride in our areas and countries and what Lane says doesn't really have a bearing on that! I'm sure that in a couple of years my son will have heard his share of the old man telling his stories of how it was in the good old days!(See my credo beneath my avatar) In all honesty, I think that the real frustration comes with one thing only. Lane has been successfull in trials.Gone on to be very successfull in his own business as well.His wife and apparently his son Daniel all posess a great deal of talent on two wheels.Lane, I believe that the reason a lot of people get frustrated with you is that you really have an above average ability to make a difference right now in our sport. YOu have some really progressive ideas that rub people the wrong way sometimes, but I think you need to back them up with some action and then stick to it! eg. the proposal you put forward to the NATC this year that was shot down. Stick with it man. You seem very passionate when writing stuff on here, try and make a difference by doing it, at least for your son to have a shot at experiencing what you did growing up! It's kind of like the way I'm sure it works in most club's around North America and the NATC. If you bring up a good idea, be prepared to back it up with some action, or else, no one will support it!

Just my ramblings! ;)

Cheers, Steve

Why the 'ell do you 'pick a nit' about whether he paid for the publishing of the book?  I guess I mean, what the bloody 'ell does that have to do with the contents of the book? 

This is just one blaring example of gratuitous PERSONAL ATTACKS and FLAME WAR bullcrap, tossed in here due to personal vendetta, then miraculously at some point, it will be Lane that will get banned arguing over some blatant comment aimed at him...  hypocrisy? d@#n straight!!! 

I think we are all hoping he will take the hint and **** off

Strangely, I dont think that at all. I dont mind him posting his stuff. Yes he goes on a bit but its like a program on the TV. If you dont like it, turn it off. The people who know his history better than I do will read the stuff and just think to them selves  ;) . and leave it at that.

If you dont like his stuff then just do the same.. straight over the head. :D

People only want to post negative stuff. As soon as someone says something thats a bit 'out of the box' then theres a queue of peeps who wanna have a go.

After all, he has done Ok on a bike which is much better than any of us has ever done so he gets my respect for that regardless of my views on the comments he makes!

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Respect where it's due and regardless of whatever else has gone on it's not as if L doesn't know what he's talking about. BUT... It's not necessarily what Lane's saying, it's the way that he says it and this, combined with an apparent reluctance to address direct questions is what gets everyone's back up.

I'd be sad to see him go because buried in all the self-importance are some valid points and ideas. If he adopts a more restrained, less confrontational posting style the flamers (and I confess I've been one of them in the past) will hopefully start to back off and maybe not every thread in which he participates will turn into a pointless snark-fest.

Personally, I don't recall 'having a go' about any of his ideas/proposals/views - they mostly relate to the USA trials scene so I'll keep my nose out of that where possible.

The only digs I have made are directed at the way he expresses himself and gives his opinion as if his is the only one that matters.

He winds me up, simple - BUT if I'm winding others up by trying to start a dialogue and asking valid questions that only LL can answer, then I'll keep mi gob shut in future! O ;) n second thoughts, I will endeavour to keep mi gob shut...

Why the 'ell do you 'pick a nit' about whether he paid for the publishing of the book?  I guess I mean, what the bloody 'ell does that have to do with the contents of the book? 

This is just one blaring example of gratuitous PERSONAL ATTACKS and FLAME WAR bullcrap, tossed in here due to personal vendetta, then miraculously at some point, it will be Lane that will get banned arguing over some blatant comment aimed at him...  hypocrisy? d@#n straight!!! 

Well, as this was directed squarely at me, MY point is this, and I thought it fairly obvious but if you have not read both books, maybe it is not.

Get the two books.

Open them up, page by page,

Note that they are the same basic book.

Now look at both front covers, you will notice there are 3 names, one of which is on both books and it is not Lane's

OK, so now you have two books "Co" authored by the same guy, who also (go read lane's post and kudo's to Lane for repeating the story here) is the one that paid for wrote and made it happen, AFTER Lane backed out on HIS deal to help do the book.

So in my opinion, if we want anyone's input as the greatest guy that blew the doors wide open on Trials we need to go get Len Weed.

So pointed short answer as to "I guess I mean, what the bloody 'ell does that have to do with the contents of the book?"

Go figure out who the "real" author is, and who brought this book out.

I just get sick of folks (Lane) jumping up and down saying how they did this and they did that when the facts do not support it.

As to your reference to Hannah showing up to a race, the difference is that Hannah has the sense and the decency not to do it. I have ridden in the past couple of years with some folks that have the ability to do exactly what you are saying, but they CHOSE to come in and compete in the SUPPORT classes and support the sport as a great champion does.

The other thing I hate about these boards, is that when enough drivel gets posted repeatedly, it starts to be believed or an accepted "Fact"

Very much like the Lane getting Banned remarks or Chris UK or whatever his last name was here being "banned".

Fortunately or unfortunately if something gets said enough times, some people think it is true.

I think we are all hoping he will take the hint and **** off

I sort of regretted mouthing off, but it would be a bit shallow for me to apologise when I so clearly stated what I was mouthing off about.

I can't really blame alcohol because all that did was induce me to say what I was thinking, where normally I would probably keep it to myself.

I would definitely not like to see Lane go, and I will keep my attacks to playful banter in future as I always try to do. I think my rantings would be water off a ducks back to Lane to be honest. I'm just some small time Pommy.

Normal service will be restored for me. Back to banter, not bull**** ;)