Training For Trials

wayne thais

This is a thread about training, and Mich Lin gave his ideas about it.

Now, you guys, have bashed him etc and you got away with it as the moderator did not do his work.

Every thread were Mich Lin is given his opinion is hijacked the same.

Can you pls do your vendetta elsewhere, and stop with saying that i do maybe believe his stuff.

I can think of myself, and so shld you guys.

Pls grow up.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow there is humor here that I (We) have hijacked a thread from the initial point that Lane was on point on, and here is a guy complaining about it.

Where are those lawnmower blades ;)

Gas Gas, not sure how long you have read along here, but there is some form of irony there that is just too funny.

This is a thread about training, and Mich Lin gave his ideas about it.

Now, you guys, have bashed him etc and you got away with it as the moderator did not do his work.

Every thread were Mich Lin is given his opinion is hijacked the same.

Can you pls do your vendetta elsewhere, and stop with saying that i do maybe believe his stuff.

I can think of myself, and so shld you guys.

Pls grow up.

Whilst I would agree that a couple of replies may have been over the top, to say that the moderator did not do his work is not justified in this case. There's a bit of history here. In over three years of watching Mich Lin/Beav/Lane (under whatever guise!) he has always been a controversial character!

If I thought, based on my experiences, that he would be offended by the replies then I'd have deleted them, but there are reptiles out there with a less thick skin than the Beav! I, personally, think he'll take it all like water off a duck's back and still come back fighting. If it gets too personal then yeah, I'll kill it, but for now it's just the Beav versus the rest of the world as it's been for a long time. Don't take things on here too seriously. ;)

After reading through all of this I'll make a few comments that are 100% accurate, not rumor.

1] Yes, the beave does sit back and laugh at about 99% of the shat he stirs up... just as I do.

2] Dr. Fraceman is spot on regarding his opinion that the beave is in a position to make some things happen but the reality is that the beave chooses to sit back and congratulate himself for every good idea that ever was while not raising a finger to do anything to promote this sport.

He is amoung the 90% of people who take advantage of all the hard work that 10% of us that actually create the entire venue for he and his family to enjoy.

I'm not condemning him for that because we all do it out of passion without request of anything in return. WE LOVE DOING IT!

The problem is with the LOUD MOUTHS in the 90% of people who don't raise a finger yet tell us how we should do things, how we should set up events and how easy or hard the lines they ride should be.

RAISE A HAND TO HELP OUT or SHUT THE F UP AND GO AWAY.

We will continue to do what we do with or without thier help.

Here's a thought.

Let's say that Bill Gates noticed that his home city had a problem with starving children. Now let's say that Mr. Gates starts patting himself on the back for making so much money in his lifetime. Easy to say the United States Champion of wealth. Now let's say that there's a voluteer group who's been doing a pretty damn good job of feeding the children. Mr. Gates starts writing to them and telling them how they should change things and make things better yet he wont raise a finger to help out or donate any money.

WOULD YOU RESPECT HIM???

I think we'd all agree that he should simply shut up and go away because he's clearly not doing anything but p***ing off the rest of the volunteers.

BTW Kinell,

I do know that the beave resides in an insane anylum. I met him there when I was visiting Bagger. ;)

SNIP

2] Dr. Fraceman is spot on regarding his opinion that the beave is in a position to make some things happen but the reality is that the beave chooses to sit back and congratulate himself for every good idea that ever was while not raising a finger to do anything to promote this sport.

He is amoung the 90% of people who take advantage of all the hard work that 10% of us that actually create the entire venue for he and his family to enjoy.

I'm not condemning him for that because we all do it out of passion without request of anything in return.  WE LOVE DOING IT!

The problem is with the LOUD MOUTHS in the 90% of people who don't raise a finger yet tell us how we should do things, how we should set up events and how easy or hard the lines they ride should be.

RAISE A HAND TO HELP OUT or SHUT THE F UP AND GO AWAY. 

We will continue to do what we do with or without their help.

So, you got to be thinking, Sting, why you defending Lane? Well to me as I read this crap, it was making me feel WOW, if you don't even respect nor want anyone else to read or consider ANY of Lane's opinion(s), then where do I stand? I have 33 years of motorcycle riding (basically on a trials bike since I was 7, riding since I was 5) under my belt, that is all my accomplishments add up to.

I don't run the club, I am only a member of a club 120 miles away. My best day in 82-83, and again even now, most riders like Lane can & did kick my butt all around the riding area, in any shape or form in trials...

But his opinions mean jack? :blink: Yet you insist he is the savior? :P Beam me up Mr. Scott

I said it now, and well, I could delete my post and ignore it, but at the time I strongly felt what I wrote... And really it was a fear, that I got to say, that whatever "Voice" you think he has, with this present course of "discourse" I feel that you will have eventually made his "voice" as useful as that wacko Rev. Fred Phelps...

Maybe that is your mission?

;) (cylons)

:D (beer)

:wall::wall: Dunlops

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: night

Moderators, I'm trying to go the route of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Oh and if you have any questions on anything, I will try to answer any of them, Just ask them one at a time. I've never meant to dodge any questions, simply poor writing skills on my part.

Edited by Mich Lin

Moderators, I'm trying to go the route of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Oh and if you have any questions on anything, I will try to answer any of them, Just ask them one at a time. I've never meant to dodge any questions, simply poor writing skills on my part.

Ok, here goes Mich -- I have never ridden trials -- I am new to the sport at age 38 (old I know).

I don't know who you are, and I don't judge people on their past -- so with me you have a clean slat.

I am not going for National or even over seas racing.. I want to teach my kids how to ride the right way, with control and understanding.

I have been racing Hare-Scrambles in my area for sometime and have gotten sick of the Promoters pushing up the price for each race, and not taking more care of the riders (Safety) with course layouts (A another topic for a different board).

I have several questions for you in different areas:

1) My daughter (age 6) wants to start riding with dad, yet I do not want here on a trail bike or even an endro until she learns how to control the machine (something I need to learn to do). Where or who should I talk to about teaching her and I the right tech ?

Other questions:

I have read the thread thus far and it does seem as if you have a chip, and I believe some of the statements from the other posters are correct, yet not all.

I live in a place were there is only one state and no federal lands to ride on, yet a small group has been working to change things. It has not happened over night, yet it is happening. (One person can make a difference).

I too have started a riders club in my state and also I organize and put on an event every year -- with the help of others.

I guess what I am trying to say with out bashing anyone is that (One man can make a difference).

If you feel the organizations of the US trials sport or wrong and they are not willing to listen, then it is time to start your own organization, one that others like yourself can organize and govern as you (and the group) feels it should. (just food for thought).

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Al Pivonka

Indiana, USA

www.springtat.com